We stayed here in August 2013. After touring Spain for two weeks we decided some much needed luxury was needed and booked to stay for 5 nights. The hotel itself is amazing, the attention to detail within as well as the landscaping outside was beautiful, I was thrilled to see terrapins, frogs and fish in natural streams.
Be aware that this hotel is within walking distance to nearby restaurants but it takes approx. 40 minutes. Buses run twice per hour but even after 5 days we could not tell what time to expect them as they seemed to not follow a timetable.
If you are on a budget this is probably not the place for you, if you wish to eat in the restaurants or drink in the bars it is very very expensive. We chose to go into the town each evening but as mentioned transport was an issue. On the day we arrived we bought lunch, 3 sandwiches, 2 cokes and a coffee and it cost us approx 50 euros which we simply could not afford to eat each day. Instead we chose to buy food from local supermarket (bus ride away) and kept it in our room.
Even though the food was expensive, the service, the room and the relaxed ambiance of the hotel enabled us to fully unwind after out travels. On arrival we were issued with a day pass into the spa area. This was a real treat, I have never been in a spa like it, at least 20 different water massages and various steam rooms/saunas to sit in. Absolutely fantastic.
Positives: Spa, design,service, rooms, close to beautiful beach
Negatives: Expensive, far away from restaurants, transport
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Sancti Petri Spa Resort 5* hotel is located in Novo Sancti Petri-Chiclana (Costa de la Luz), right on the long, fine sand Barrosa beach. Jerez Airport is only 40 minutes away, and Seville airport is just over an hour by car. The hotel has been awarded Best Spa Resort in Spain in the WTA 2013 and 2014 awards (considered the Oscars of tourism), and awarded the the Best Hotel Suite in Spain 2014 for its Presidential Suite. It has a total of 195 rooms. The Deluxe rooms have an avant-garde design, and are equipped with the latest technology and an exclusive intelligent domotics system, as well as all the usual 5* facilities. You can enjoy magnificent views of the sea, our tropical gardens and the hotel swimming pools. The themed suites (African, Balinese, Avant-Garde and Presidential) are remarkable, all of them boast a hot tub on the terrace, large baths with exclusive Molton Brown Toiletries and two of them with private swimming pool. Rooms with over 100 m² of interior space and up to 200 m² on the terrace with a large array of exclusive services. The original design of its architectural shapes, its 5 swimming pools with hydromassage, the natural lakes and over 35,000 square m² of lush tropical gardens make the Barcelo Sancti Petri Resort totally unique. The hotel restaurants specialise in healthy cuisine, with a special focus on product quality and local cuisine. Enjoy delicious flavours and traditional dishes in the hotel's indoor and outdoor Mediterranean restaurants. The hotel stands out especially for its Spa & Wellness Centre; a world of luxury and relaxation with more than 3,650 m² of space making it the largest spa in Andalusia. Leisure programmes include our nightclub, the Hindu Siddharta Lounge Bar and the Dublin Bay Irish Pub, with a professional bowling alley. We also have a wide-ranging entertainment programme for adults based on sports and cultural workshops (gardening, cooking, massage...) and a specific programme for children from 4 to 12 years old. It is also the ideal option for celebrating weddings, congresses, conventions or incentives thanks to its convention centre and amphitheatre. The hotel offers free Wi-Fi throughout the resort (rooms, gardens, swimming pools, etc.). Discover a new concept in avant-garde luxury right on the beachfront of the Barcelo Sancti Petri Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Barcelo, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com, Hotel.de, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Barcelo Sancti Petri Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Sancti Petri Hotel Chiclana De La Frontera
- Barcelo Hotel Sancti Petri
- Sancti Petri Barcelo
- Barcelo Sancti Petri Spa Resort Andalucia, Spain