“Last but not least.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 70 Hotels in Cordoba
derbyshire
“Last but not least.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Our final hotel on the Parador Andalucia Legacy ll route. Parador is on a hillside in a smart area of Cordoba and the views over the city are beautiful.
Room large with twin double beds a sofa and chairs, balcony with table and chairs and an awesome view of Cordoba although only a standard booked.
Rooms both private and public spotlessly clean.
Dinner and breakfast very very good.
I would stay here again, and again.
The Mezquita in the city is a must to visit but don't bother driving down as there is little public parking, very narrow streets and the taxi ordered by the hotel was only 8 euro each way.

Room Tip: Ask for a front room with a balcony. Floor 3 is good.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Korean first
Bolton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We stayed for two nights during Easter week. Like the other reviewer, I had expected an old building and was disappointed to find it was modern and not particularly attractive from the outside. Our rooms were really spacious and of a high standard. The staff were pleasant and spoke very good English.
The hotel is quite a way out of the town centre. It takes about 3/4 hour to walk to the Mezquita and the rest of the old quarter. Fortunately there is a regular bus service that stops right out side the hotel (every half hour) - otherwise it would be uphill all the way back.
We didn't eat here - breakfast would have been very expensive for 4 of us, and it was too cold and wet to sit outside. However the terrace looked very pleasant with a great view.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Bristol, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

We booked for three nights and had intended to explore Cordoba more thoroughly but the unfriendly service and the awful food made us decide not to spend any more time in the hotel than necessary. The restaurant food was so poor I refused to pay for my main course and as this trip was to celebrate my birthday I didn't want to have my birthday dinner in such a place so we checked out and went back to the coast.
The temperature was in the high 20s but the pool was closed - although the pool is advertised on the website as seasonal, there is no mention that the season is only June to September, very disappointing to find we couldn't take a dip on such a warm day.
The room was good (superior room) but the air conditioning didn't cool the room and Internet access was so hit and miss it wasn't worth using.
We have stayed Paradores all over Spain and this was not what we have come to expect. I wouldn't recommend the Parador but I would recommend Cordoba, the Mesquita was breathtaking and much more impressive than I had expected.

• Stayed April 2013
Cologne, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night. We had read about Paradors in a guide book and really wanted to stay in one during our trip. Unfortunately, we either got caught up in the excitement of staying in a castle or didn't pay much attention to the website (probably a mixture of both), but we were a bit disappointed to find out it was not a castle and in fact an old monastery. The building from the outside looks like an apartment complex. However, once you get past the exterior, the hotel is quite nice. The rooms are large and the lobby is very classy. The breakfast in the morning was the largest I have seen at any hotel and very delicious. I would not recommend this as the once in a lifetime Parador visit. As a hotel it is very nice, even if it is farther from the highlights of Cordoba.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Henley on Thames
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed here because we were on a tour of the Paradors and taking advantage of their five night deal for 108E per night. In fact we upgraded at modest expense when we arrived here (not too easy to find but isn't satnav wonderful?) and had a superior room with a balcony at the front looking towards the city. The room was huge and the bed was comfortable. The room also had a comfortable settee and armchair and was a nice place to just spend time relaxing and enjoying the view after a hard day doing the sights . The reception staff were pleasant and helpful. The hotel is a fair way out of the city and it costs about 7E for a taxi to the historic centre. Parking in the city centre is tricky. We found the public areas of the hotel somewhat stark and uninviting. The gardens and swimming pool area were in the process of being refurbished. We didn't eat in the hotel at all so cannot vouch for the restaurant or the bar.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a room facing the valley and the city.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Rolling Hills Estates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

The outside is somewhat off putting , this pinkish monolith on a hillside, but the nights were quiet and the rooms were fine. Unfortunately we weren't able to use our large terrace because of the awful weather we're experiencing this week. I thought the food was nice, well presented, but over priced. One of the best things about dining in was the live guitar music - not too loud. The staff were helpful, although it would have been great if the person on the front desk had told me Carrefour was closed because of the Holiday, when he gave me directions. Also it would have been useful to have the gym (5 minute walk) opening times listed somewhere, as they too closed early on Maundy Thursday. We had no trouble parking in Cordoba during the day but the evenings were very tricky, possibly because of the Easter processions.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bournemouth, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This Parador is a little out of town but in a really nice area. I was able to walk to the Mezquita (one of the most beautiful buildings I've ever visited) in about 45 minutes. I had a room with a balcony looking towards the city, which was very nice. I had a very pleasant stay apart from one thing - the food. I had booked in for two nights half board and, after the first night, I wished I hadn't. The food was really uninspiring, completely tasteless and probably the worst-presented I've had - it was all just plonked onto the plate. The second night I thought I'd go for something more simple and picked hake, but this was similarly presented as just a mound of food on a plate and was a complete turn-off. I think the views of visitors was shown by the fact that were only four people in the dining room. This hotel seriously needs to get a good chef.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to Parador de Cordoba? Share your experiences!