“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Restaurante Arbequina

Restaurante Arbequina
Ramirez de las Casas Deza 10-12, 14001 Cordoba, Spain (Formerly Senzone )
+34 957 49 89 93
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Restaurante Arbequina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #55 of 542 Restaurants in Cordoba
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Spanish, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: History, like life, always continues, and we find ourselves here to give testimony to it. The first courses, for example, are living Andalusian memories, such as salmorejo with tomato juice and Iberian bread. A good example of the historical relation of Cordoba with the sea, is the steamed monkfish, morel mushrooms in sherry and the shellfish gazpachuelo stew. The farms and rangeland, the backbone of the province and origin of the better part of its culinary wealth are represented by the updated version of Cordoba perol and meat dishes.---La historia, como la vida, siempre sigue, y nosotros nos encontramos ahi para dar testimonio de ello. Los entrantes, por ejemplo, constituyen una elegia de vivas reminiscencias andalusies, como el salmorejo con agua de tomate y pan iberico. Buen ejemplo de la historica relacion de Cordoba con el mar, es el rape vaporizado con montilla moriles y gazpachuelo de crustaceos. El campo, columna vertebral de la provincia y origen de gran parte de su riqueza culinaria esta representado por el perol cordobes actualizado y sus carnes. Y de postres, por ejemplo, la sopa de choco blanco y yogur con falsa tierra de chocolate y helado de galleta maria.
London
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

The food and service in this restaurant were beyond excellent. You get treated to little tasters which we loved. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Visited May 2012

Virginia
“Food takes aback seat to Roman ruins underneath”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

This is a small restaurant located in what was a courtyard in the hotel Hospes Palacio Del Bailío. Our server was a delightful young woman who made our meal a joy. The food was very interesting and good, but that was immaterial to me. I had gone there for one reason and one reason only. The restaurant lies on top of actual Roman ruins which you can see because the restaurant's floor is made of glass. My 22 year old son is a Roman history fanatic and I thought he would find it unimaginably cool to dine there. He loved it. It was clear that it was one of the highlights of the trip for him. My wife and I also loved it and even my 88 year old mother was impressed.

If the thought of dining on top of Roman ruins isn't thrilling to you, then I am sure you can find other good restaurants in Cordoba. It's just unfathomable to me that anyone wouldn't find it thrilling.

Visited April 2012
Sydney
“Very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

Thoughtfuland well executed, excellent service and a stunning space. Recommended.

Visited May 2012
Paris
“THE BEST TABLE IN ANDALUSIA !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

I swear they didn't corrupt me to write this ! We are big fans of tripadvisor, we usely try the n°1 restaurant of each city we visit, but this time, staying in the hospes, we dined here, and were stunned ! The cook mixes traditional and new recipes, the ox tail for example, is unbelievable !!! Really, we had a fantastic moment ! And I almost forgot, the restaurant itself is stunning : you sit on a glass flour, with roman ruins under your feet, and a restaured fresk

Visited April 2012
Frederiksberg, Denmark
“Not to visit”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

The surroundings were fabulous , but the staff a mess, the wine list poor, wine service a misunderstanding, the food ordinary and uncharming, never go back!

Visited June 2011