“Excellent service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 70 Hotels in Cordoba
Shanghai, China
“Excellent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Stayed here during firsts days of April. The hotel itself is located in a premium location, quite nice and clean with good facilities that have obviously been well thought-out. We were especially happy with the free shuttle service that took us to downtown into the jewish neightbourhood called la Juderia.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Ayre Hoteles A, General Manager at Ayre Hotel Cordoba, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Sir,
Thank you very much for choosing our hotel during your visit to Córdoba and for writing such a nice review.
We are very glad that you found so convenient our Free Shuttle Service to the Historic Quarter and City Centre.

Ayre Hotel Córdoba

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 1 night during our trip over Andalucia. We found it on booking.com as the hotel with the best rating for our money (we payed 62E for 1 night and it was the highest price for the whole week and the worst hotel for the whole week). The hotel is located outside the center, so you'd better have a car to stay there, though I believe you may use the bus to reach the center. It will take about 5-7 mins drive to come the center parking, so it's not far at all. The hotel has a great territory, but the rooms are poor. That was the only time when we stayed in 4* hotels for the whole trip and I can say, that all other 3* hotels that we chose during our way, were much much better. I think it hardly deserves 2*. The breakfast is not included in prices and offered for 8.5E, so we decided not to take it as you can easily find a good breakfast in center for about 10E for a pair. Free parking is the main advantage of the hotel as well as the territory. If you don't care where to sleep, this is a good place to stay, if it's importany to sleep on a good bed in a good room, find another one

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Ayre Hoteles A, General Manager at Ayre Hotel Cordoba, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Sir or Madam,
Thank you very much for choosing Ayre Hotel Córdoba during your visit and for sharing your opinion with other travelers on Tripadvisor.
I am very glad you liked our grounds and free parking area.
Regarding the hotel’s location, although it is correct that we are not in the city centre, as you mention in your comment, it is only a small drive to the centre, we are located at Cordoba’s most exclusive residential area, only 4,2km from the city centre as Córdoba is a small city, and we are well connected with the city centre by two bus lines.
As a rewarding consequence of our location, our guests can enjoy the beautiful grounds that you mention, the swimming pool with grass solarium, the peacefulness at night and the gratuity of the parking.
I am sorry that our rooms appeared poor to you, please let me specify that all our rooms have air conditioning, flat screen TV, minibar with 2 complimentary bottles of water and a fully equipped bathroom.
Thank you very much once more and please do not hesitate to contact me in a future visit would you consider I could be of any assistance.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Hotel located almost outside of Cordoba (no worry, it's not that big of a city), and located between local houses, but apparently quite an expensive housing complex. It's clean and well maintained hotel with friendly staff. When we arrived, the reception girl suggest us one of the restaurant near Mesquita Cordoba, which happened to be a great one. Normally, restaurant and cafe near tourist site is tourist trap but not this one. They also offer free wifi, which is nice.

The hotel itself is quite big with 4 floor divided into 4 wings. There were not too many guests in October, so by the hotel pool is very quiet. However, it seemed once awhile the hotel received a huge number of passing by tourist that stay for 1 nite before they continue to another city. We had that one of the night, it's ok but just a bit crowded. The room is quite spacious, clean and the bed is comfy. One thing they need to improve is to put carpet on the hall way as they're all made of marble, so it makes a lot of noise if people walk from/to their room.

Breakfast was quite ok but not really a lot of choice. They do offer freshly squeezed orange juice and omelette by request. So, just ask if you'd like to have one as it's not really Obvious but it is included in your breakfast buffet.

Going to the city is quite easy, just walk to the main street about 5 minutes, and then you'll find bus stop to the city center. Cost about 1.50 euro, and within 15-20 minutes you're there with no hassles. All and all it's a nice quite hotel with good service, but if you'd like to be in the city, then you need to find other hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Madam,
Thank you very much for choosing Ayre Hotel Córdoba during your visit to this wonderful city.
We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay, liked so much our hotel and found so helpful our staffs dinning advice.
Regarding your suggestion about laying a carpet in the corridor, I find it very convenient, therefore I am already in to it.
Thank you very much once more for your comment, which will clearly help us in our daily mission of improving the quality our service.
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Location is very quiet, our room was quit spacious, fairly good equipped, but would say that room need a bit of refurbishing. The breakfast was good. The bottle of water was standing in the refrigirator and nobody told about that, also we recievde a welcome letter from the lady at the reception and it was in spanish :))) we asked about english version but got no answer :) But in general very positive experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Madam,
We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay and liked so much our hotel.
I am so sorry that you were mistakenly given the welcome letter in Spanish as in the letter I inform our guests regarding the water being free.
I have spoken with the front office team who asked me to send you their most sincere apologies for the mistake.

London, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed in this hotel in March 2013, so cannot comment on the pool or the grounds. I did walk around them and they seemed very pleasing. The staff in the restaurant were a bit arrogant, but the food on offer was extremely good. Coffee not so good, I'd have to say.
My room was delightfullly furnished, huge plasma TV, enormous bed and two comfy armchairs where I could curl up and read which was extremely fortuitous as it bucketed down with rain the day I was there.
The downside and it is a big downside is that it is too too far from the old town. Some people in the group did walk down - it took 1 hour and 20 minutes. A taxi down costs 13 euros.
I cannot imagine why you'd stay in Cordoba if you weren't going to spend time in the old part of town- but if you were planning to do this, and the weather was fiine, then this would be a good place to stay. But for touring purposes - no. Sorry

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Ayre Hoteles A, General Manager at Ayre Hotel Cordoba, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Madam,
I am very glad you liked our grounds and very thankful of your description of our gastronomic offer as “Extremely good”.
I am also very pleased that you found our rooms to be nice and comfortable.
As the ultimate responsible for service quality, please accept my most sincere apologies in reference to the arrogance that you perceived from our restaurant staff, it surprised me in a very unpleasant way, as comments are usually very good towards our restaurant team.
I would like to think that your perception has been caused by a language barrier, as not all of our waiters are fluent in English, nevertheless, we have seriously addressed your comment at our Heads of Department Meeting and have agreed an action plan in order to improve the service skills of those members of the team who are less fluent in English. Once more, I am sure that our guest’s feedback will help us to improve our service, therefore I thank you.
Regarding our location, please let me specify that we are located at Cordoba’s most exclusive residential area, only 4,2km from the city centre, which, as you mention, is not an easily walkable distance, but it is only an 8 minutes ride by car or taxi.
Likewise, very close to the hotel, there are 2 public bus lines (10 and 13) which run directly to the city center every few minutes.

Cordoba
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Bad luck for the room choice, the view was on the roof.
And the general prestation does really what I was expecting from a 4* hotel.( no bottle of water, no iron).
The location is good , a bus line closed to the hotel transport you directly to the center.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Ayre Hoteles A, General Manager at Ayre Hotel Cordoba, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Sir,
Thank you very much for choosing Ayre Hotel Córdoba during your visit to the city.
I am glad that you found our location and our transport connections convenient.
The great majority of our rooms have a nice view to the surrounding gardens, I am sorry that you were not satisfied with your rooms view, in a future visit, please do not hesitate to speak with us at the front desk, we will be more than happy to change your room and satisfy any other request or suggestion that you may have.
Let me also specify that, as a standard in all AYRE Hotels, we have two complimentary bottles of water in the minibar of every room, my apologies as it looks like we failed to inform you.
Thank you very much once more.

amsterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Location is very quiet, rooms are large and fairly good equipped. The breakfast was good escpecially when there is no large groups around.
Too bad the swimming pool was not opened due to bacteria or something (it was Feb)
furthermore the service was fine including Free Wifi and Free parking.
A bit far of city centre but the area El Brilliante is very nice to drive through

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Ayre Hoteles A, Director General at Ayre Hotel Cordoba, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Madam,
Thank you very much for choosing Ayre Hotel Córdoba and for posting such a nice review about our hotel.
I am so glad you liked our hotel, our neighborhood, our gastronomy and the complimentary services that we offer.
I apologize if you expected the pool to be opened in February, let me explain that due to the weather being so cold through the winter, the pool season runs normally from the end of May until mid September.
Thank you very much once more and please do not hesitate to contact us for further information.

Ayre Hotel Córdoba

Been to Ayre Hotel Cordoba? Share your experiences!