“Untrustworthy” 1 of 5 stars

1.0 of 5 Inn   |   Horno de la Trinidad St N07, 14003 Cordoba, Spain   |
Ranked #10 of 30 Cordoba B&B and Inns
“Untrustworthy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

My previous review was removed because my experience was so bad here that I worded it perhaps too strongly. I'll keep this brief. I do not believe that this hostel is trustworthy. My experience was that having booked a stay here, I arrived late at night to discover that actually they had no room for me. They moved me to a very unpleasant alternative accommodation. I informed them that I wanted to leave as this was not what I had booked. On my return I discovered that I had been charged to my credit card for nights I did not stay, even though they had been unable to provide me the room I had booked. I have tried for several months to recover the money through the travel agent and then the hostel, unsuccessfully.

On these grounds that 1) the room booked was not provided and b) they were unwilling to refund me for nights I did not stay when they did not maintain the booking, I conclude that they are untrustworthy and cannot recommend them.

Doubtless they will complain again about this review - naturally they do not want this story to impact on their reputation and business, I just wish they had thought of that at the time and not now!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Luis D, Front Office Manager at Hospederia Luis de Gongora, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Mr. Dave,

hi again, is the third time you write an opinión about the same reservation and facts.
Regarding again your new opinión, we would like to let you know that we do not have the power to remove opinión from tripadvisor, is only tripadvisor who has the power to do it. Don't you think that it been has been remove after giving them all the evidences and documentation it means that in the real world ( not in your realiaty) you are not right. Or basically your opinión are a true fraud

Anyway, we are really sorry as we has became your obsession, but once again we offer our email address info@hospederialuisdegongora.com to invite everybody to ask for the information about your issue and they will check without any doubt how wrong you are. ( Remember we have all the documentation).

Unfortunately, we have to reply because we have the truth and we are not going to give the chance to publish lies without replying at least

See you until next time you write another opinión (we are sure you will) and we wish a nice week, thanks for keeping us active to improve our service to our customers everyday.

Best Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Derry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Very clean and room lovely. I loved the location and could not fault the room or bathroom for the price. I would recommend this to anyone and would stay here again. Albert lovely and even loaned me a hairdryer which was really sweet of him. All in all a really good place to stay!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here just before Easter and found ourselves immersed in semana santa celebrations. Not being at all religious we loved being in the old town right in amongst the processions and celebrations and the history of Cordoba. It was an easy walk through the park from the station. The reception guy was polite not very chatty but we loved Cordoba old town.

• Stayed March 2013
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Very good location to visit Cordoba. But rather noisy and no parking in the neighbourhood, only a parking garage for 16 euro per day. Small rooms and bathrooms. Th personnel was friendly and there is a automate for drinks.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

What a superb hostal this is. More than adequate room super comfortable bed, flat screen t.v. plenty of towels, toiletries and spotlessly clean. Very helpful person on the desk. For basic accomodation, it was faultless.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

exelent location, in the old town. nice restarantes & bars nearby
very clean, comfortble rooms although small. cheap prices.
the Wi-Fi sometimes has difficulties in the rooms but fine downstairs.
there are public parkings 200 meters nearby. no need for car in the old allies

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Bay Area, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

It’s close enough to walk from the train station as well as into old town for all the best sites and restaurants. Rooms are charming, quiet, and spotless. Rooms were a great deal and we would definitely stay again next time in Cordoba.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hospederia Luis de Gongora? Share your experiences!