“Atmosphere and service outstanding, great location.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Elephant
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Markt 19, 99423 Weimar, Thuringia, Germany   |
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Weimar
Arlington, Virginia
“Atmosphere and service outstanding, great location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

The Hotel Elephant has a history as interesting as Weimar's - and history does not get much more interesting than that! We had a large comfortable room on top floor of the hotel. Spacious, with comfortable furnishings. Breakfasts were fabulous, with delicious eggs cooked to order and a varied, fresh buffet. The room was immaculate.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
andreadietrich, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Elephant, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you very much for your positive and friendly of our hotel and taking the time to post your comments. We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get.
We are very happy to know you enjoyed your time at the Hotel Elephant Weimar, A Luxury Collection Hotel and we hope to see you again here in Weimar!
Assistant to the General Manager / PR Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

This hotel has a rich historical background, and an ideal location on the market. Weimar has enough to keep one entertained for a night. The internet station though, did not work for most of my time there. Parking at 15 Euros seemed very expensive for the location. With some add on fees it was nearly 30 US dollars. Drinks in the bar were expensive too. Upgraded room was very nice, and I am glad I stayed here, but would try somewhere else next time.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your good feedback while staying with us in Weimar, at the Hotel Elephant, A Luxury Collection Hotel! We are very happy, that you’ve enjoyed your time here.
Thanks for your comments included the hints.
We would be very glad to welcome you again at our Hotel and remain
Potomac, MD, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

You will be surprised who are some of the famous people who stayed here...anyway that's not the reason why I liked my stay here. The staff is friendly and pleasant. Best of all the hotel is close to the square and Goethe house (museum); it's a good 15-20 minutes walk from the railway station. The restaurant food is good, although somewhat expensive for the dinner. Rooms are large and very clean. The hotel is in the SPG group (same as Sheraton). I will chose this hotel in a heartbeat if I visit Weimar again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
andreadietrich, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Elephant, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear guest,
thank you so much for taking time to comment your stay for your time at our Hotel Elephant!
I was very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to thank
you for letting me know how happy you were with the service you received.
We are looking forward seeing you again back in Germany at The Hotel Elephant in Weimar!
Warm regards from Weimar!
Gothenburg, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

The hotel is located at Markt in the middle of Weimar very close to all places you want to visist when you are in Weimar. The Junior Suite we had was very comfortable with a separate sleeping romm with to queen size beds, large bath room with both a shower and a tube. There are two flat screen TV's. The beds were very comfortable. We did not reserve a table in the restaurant by misstake so we had to eat at another place.

Room Tip: We book the room with SPG points and paid the additional 20 EUR to get an upgrade. To my promise we...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
andreadietrich, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Elephant, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Nils W.,
Thanks for your kind and precise comments included the hints. We would be very glad to welcome you again at our Hotel and remain
Northbrook, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

A lovely property. Great bathrooms with make up mirrors. Also a Starwood Resorts member. Kind and helpful desk attendants. Located on the square (a strange driving experience!) We would go back to Weimar to stay at this hotel. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
andreadietrich, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Elephant, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback while staying with us in Weimar, at the Hotel Elephant, A Luxury Collection Hotel! We are very happy, that you’ve enjoyed your time here.
We would be very glad to welcome you again at our Hotel and remain
washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I just spent two pleasant evenings in Weimar at the Elephant hotel and want to add my comments to the chain. The historic hotel merits all the praise it has received and offers an excellent central location in the heart of the old city, steps away from most of the attractions visitors will want to see. The rooms are comfortable if a bit limited; the public spaces are outstanding, and the small hotel bar is convenient. I would second the comments of those who note some shortcomings: rooms are not air-conditioned, although except for the hottest nights in summer I can't imagine this is much of a problem. My room cooled off quickly once the sun went down. The business center consists of one computer and a printer but it was never busy while I was there; the staff was helpful, although one desk clerk -- who couldn't have been more friendly and eager to help -- was severely challenged in map reading and directions, sending me off on a wild goose chase to the wrong square or street in search of a particular restaurant. But the night clerks always came through and on my last morning had a taxi waiting for me when I checked out.

Other reviewers have mentioned the breakfast but they are too restrained: this is the buffet to trump all buffets, not so much by quantity but by quality. I counted ten separate hams and innumerable cheeses. And the chef will make you an omelette or, in my case, perfect fried eggs served with delicious local sausages. The back garden is lovely and a great spot to relax with breakfast or dinner. The main restaurant boasts one Michelin star -- reserve in advance.

So while this hotel does have some limits or flaws, it maintains its distinctive character and still easily fits the luxury class model. If the price I paid is any indication, it offers something of a bargain for this class of hotel. Not cheap but far from expensive by American standards. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: No fitness center or pool but guests can get complimentary access to a local fitness center.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
andreadietrich, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Elephant, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Guest, dear Malcolm R,
I would like to thank you very much for your positive and detailed review of our hotel and taking the time to post your comments. We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get.
Frankfurt, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Beautifully designed and historic building with comfortable rooms, great showers, friendly and attentive staff. No aircon (though the windows opened) no coffee making facilities in the room, and single mattresses combined to make a double bed, however, excellent bathroom. The staff was consistently friendly and helpful which makes up for what seems to be a regional specialty in surly for most of those who inhabit Weimar.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
andreadietrich, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Elephant, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Guest, dear James H.,
Thank you so much for your stay in our Hotel Elephant Weimar, A Luxury Collection Hotel!
I also want to thank you for taking time to give this feedback. Thanks for your kind and precise comments included the hints. I will forward your compliments to the departments and would be very happy to see you again at The Hotel Elephant!
With best regards from Weimar
Assistant to the General Manager / PR Manager

Been to Hotel Elephant? Share your experiences!