“Such a nice way to travel” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 4 Activities in Kiel
More attraction details
Owner description: Color Line ist ein Touristikunternehmen, dessen Produkte fur hohe Qualitat und ein gutes Preis-Leistungs-Verhaltnis stehen. Das Produktangebot umfasst Mini-Kreuzfahrten, Fahruberfahrten, Oslo-Stadtereisen, Norwegen-Reisen und Tagungen auf See.
Cairns
17 attraction reviews
“Such a nice way to travel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We've done this twice now and on both occasions had a great time and found the staff friendly and very helpful. when we booked our second trip I bought full meals ticket which takes all the drama out of meal time. On both occasions we asked for an up grade to the fine dining restaurant ,The Oceanic, at the back/stern of the ship, for a little extra 35 euros, well worth it . Our meal was outstanding and the service an absolute pleasure, they need to be congratulated. Our cabin on the second trip was facing the stern , i would have preferred a side cabin as the views would have been better, maybe you could request that upon booking the trip. Back to food , the Grand Buffet is just that, an amazing range of food, but the breakfast is not as lavish . This is no ferry, it's a very comfortable cruise ship, and we can recommend this trip is really quite affordable given the experience. Loved the snow in Oslo.

Visited January 2013

• Polish first
Norway
6 attraction reviews
“Revisited, still great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Being so impressed the last time, we did it again.

Color Fantasy this time too. Luckily, nothing much (at all) had changed. We had a la carte going to Kiel and the Grand Buffet going back to Oslo. I always enjoy a good buffet, but I must say, sitting in the big quiet Oceanic Restaurant in the rear end with the panoramic view is also very nice. And the service in this restaurant is just great.

The buffet was very much like it was last time. Good choices of meat and seafood, but I found the seafood a bit tasteless. But the selection of cheeses was excellent and very tasty.

I recommend being very early (before departure) and get yourself a table in Panoramic Cafe (on the 15th floor in front). The view is superb and they serve excellent sandwiches.

The ship also has a top modern casino with both slots and table games, which I find quite enjoyable.

Here I encountered the only rude employee on the ship. He made a very rude remark to an Asian guest which I don't much care for. But apart for this one person, all the rest is very service minded, kind and helpful.

The guest were like the last time, mostly 50+. Very quiet crowd, no overly drunk or stuff like that. Off course, there are some kids/youngsters traveling with their families and they can be seen and heard, but this was of no concern to us.

Again we saw both shows and they had been renewed and were very entertaining and very professionally preformed - and they are free of charge!

It was a nice getaway between X-mas and new year, and we were happy to come back.

Visited December 2012
Oslo, Norway
41 attraction reviews
“An enjoyable way to reach the continent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We travelled as a family of 5 in a 4-star cabin for four. This type of cabin has a double bed, a single bunk, which drops down from the roof, and a sofabed by the porthole. There is just enough space for a baby's cot, but it does require stashing some of the furnishings in the closet.
Breakfast is included in the rate in the Oceanic restaurant. The cabin has a flatscreen TV, free minibar, hairdryer, and robes.

There are plenty of shops, and good deals can be found. I generally find that the selection of Norwegian souvenirs is so good, that I stock up on gifts for friends.

The buffet restaurant offers a good selection, and even caters to special dietary needs. The children's buffet is a bit lacking, offering the usual unhealthy and boring options. Despite having generally unfussy children, I find it difficult to get them to go to the main buffet once they've helped themselves to the children's food.

The Oceanic restaurant is also good, as is the ship's pizza restaurant. One of the highlights of any trip on this ship is a visit to the Oriental cafe, which has a wonderful selection of cakes. The ice cream selection is also substantial.

I'm not generally a great fan of ship entertainment, but I have to say that the shows on the Color Lines ship are of very high calibre, and never to be missed. Just make sure you arrive early enough to get a seat. There aren't many seats available if you turn up just 5 minutes early.

I've used the spa several times, and also recommend it. Spa treatments include use of the spa facilities, but I haven't had the time to do so because the on-board programme keeps me to busy! This is partly because the ship also offers good, multilanguage kids' entertainment.

Finally, the Aqualand swimming pool area is worth a visit. It's usually packed, so it's often a good idea to go there while the ship is in dock, if you're on a minicruise. On this last trip, we hurried down there after boarding, which was a good choice. There was a long line when we finished. Just beware that there isn't a swimming pool as such. There are two water slides, a baby pool, two jaccuzzis and a current pool - and of course a sauna.

For a trip to the continent, the Color Line ferry offers a fun, comfortable and surprisingly reasonable trip. I had always thought that the ferry was a bit pricy, but when looking at other options, I was surprised to discover how much cheaper it was.

Visited July 2012
Luxembourg
38 attraction reviews
“Simply great!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

A wonderful way to reach Norway from Kiel and to get back home. By booking early enough we were lucky to get the Ocean Suite cabine, at the 10th floor, just in the front of the ship. Really spacious cabine offering a fantastic view. The service on board was excellent, with a friendly staff. Spa was so relaxing! More than a ferry, a floating dream!

Visited June 2012
brussels
7 attraction reviews
“Excellent way to visit Norway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

The Color line from Kiel to Oslo is indeed a sort of minicruise and offers a good way to arrive fit in Norway after a good night sleep and avoiding probably 2 hotel nights. Although it is certainly not cheap, the comfort, even in the inside cabins, is very good.
The only minus is the rather limited seats in the panoramic deck, which might be quickly ocupied when the weather is not so good. When the weather is good, the sundeck is quite sufficient for everyone.
The breakfast buffet and the dinner buffet are very good and offers a lot of choice. The price-level is rather Norwegian then German.