“simply perfect” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel am Steintor

Hotel am Steintor
You added Hotel am Steintor to your Saves list
Hotel am Steintor
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Krukenbergstrasse 29 | Halle-Saale, 06112 Halle (Saale), Saxony-Anhalt, Germany (Nördliche Innenstadt)   |
Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Halle (Saale)
St. Gallen, Switzerland
“simply perfect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

if you go for a business trip in the area of Halle-Leipzig, this hotel is recommended
it is simple and cheap, but provides all a business traveller needs: it's clean, it's cheap, the staff is friendly, the breakfast is good, there is a proper parking lot, less than fifteen minutes walk to the main train station, around twenty minutes walk into town (only "but": the wifi costs 1EUR per day)

Room Tip: rooms towards the inner yard are the quietest rooms
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Lapstone
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Booked a single room at the Steintor and was very pleased with the decor, the size, and amenities in the room. Good carpet, well furnished, large desk area, nice bedside table and even a fridge in the room. It had nice big windows and a good bathroom. Not in the centre of town though, It is probably a 10 minute walk away and the railway station about the same, but a tram passes close by. Although I did not take breakfast I noticed it offered very flexible breakfast hours.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Cheshire UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2007

All in all this is not a bad place to stay. I had a single room for three days in September paying Euro40 per night via Hotels.de, and it was a clean comfortable, basic room. The first one (102) had a defective toilet, but to give the hotel credit they had moved me to another room (107) by the time I came back on the first night. This new room was on the side of the hotel and had a shower, not a bath, but none of this mattered to me. If you like air conditioning then this isn't the place for you, and high summer might be very warm. On the side of the hotel you can definitely hear the trams that run down the main road if you have the window open. The TV was a fairly basic selection of German channels, but again this is not an issue for me. The reception staff were friendly and helpful, but their grasp of English is at the same level as my grasp of German!

Parking down the side of the hotel is free! and spaces in the evening are quite easy to find. You are also about 10 minutes walk from the Bahnhof even if you are towing luggage (you won't be carrying it will you?) so a taxi will be cheap too.

Breakfast is the usual German bread, ham, cheese and cereals. You also get the usual orange juice, tea and coffee. There are other bits and bobs, so the choice is quite good.

Unfortunately on my last morning, I made a bit of a tactical error. I knew that I had to leave at four o'clock in the morning but I rashly thought that I would be able to check out at that early hour. Not so! Through a combination of several problems (security staff and not reception staff, problems with printing and problems with the card machine I believe) I was not able to pay with my credit card. By the time I had finished paying, I had two euros in my pocket. I cannot really blame the hotel, and I should have known enough to pay the night before.

I would be happy to stay again.

• Stayed September 2007
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hotel am Steintor? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel am Steintor

Address: Krukenbergstrasse 29 | Halle-Saale, 06112 Halle (Saale), Saxony-Anhalt, Germany
Location: Germany > Saxony-Anhalt > Halle (Saale) > Nördliche Innenstadt
Bar / Lounge Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Halle (Saale)
Hotel Class:3 star — Hotel am Steintor 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotel.de and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel am Steintor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Hotel am Steintor, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.