“Great and authentic Thai Food in relaxed atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Great and authentic Thai Food in relaxed atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

We visited friends in Leipzig and wanted to eat something in the evening. I saw the good reviews of Chang and so we went there.
The restaurant is quite small, but it's bright and it has a nice style.

Each one of us had a Lassi and they were delicious! Not too sweet and there was real fruit in it, which is not always the case.

The food was absolutely great! I had a chicken sateé for appetizer and as main course a red curry. I love Thai and especially Curry. Normally I do not eat Curries in Restaurants, because I am always disappointed. Mostly it ends in greasy food and thick sauces seasoned with curry powder which should only be used on a Currywurst. So I cook at home.
But not here! The food was great! Fresh veggies, chicken was soft and the best of all, I even found two Kaffir Lime Leaves in my Curry! Actually it is a basic in Thailand, but most Asian Shacks have never heard of it.

So, go there if you want authentic Thai!! I was really satisfied! The only bad thing is that I am not living in Leipzig, but in Northern Germany.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Leipzig, Germany
“Excellent Thai Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

My business partner and me really enjoyed the food.
We would recommend Thai Chicken Green Curry and Tom Yam Kung.
It was really same taste as we would have it back home.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
UK
“Great Thai, great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

The best meal we had in Leipzig. It's round the corner from Gottschedstrasse S Bahn - 2 mins. The food is authentic Thai and freshly cooked. Its cheap as rice is included with main meals and the service is really nice. Great for vegetarians too as they do all dishes with Tofu as an option. The restaurant itself is small and intimate, no need to dress up if you don't want to as its informal.
Go there you won't regret it.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Phuket, Thailand
“Genuine Thai in Leipzig”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

My partner(Thai) and I live in Phuket. Prior to living in Phuket I spent 40 years travelling to Bangkok on business. Recently we visited may daughter living in Leipzig and purely by chance we came upon Chang restaurant. It is small (7 or 8 tables) and simple but both the cook and waiter are Thai and my partner was able to converse with them and advise them that we wanted Thai food for Thais, not for farangs. When the different dishes arrived the cook was true to his word and we enjoyed some of the best Thai food we have eaten in Germany. We would recommend this small simple restaurant to anybody who has visited Thailand on holiday and enjoys genuine spicy Thai food. It is not a place for dressing up - jeans and sweater are fine

• Visited June 2012