“Love it.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Brauhaus am Waldschlosschen

Brauhaus am Waldschlosschen
Am Brauhaus 8 b, 01099 Dresden, Saxony, Germany (Radeberger Vorstadt)
0351 / 652 39 00
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #40 of 692 restaurants in Dresden
Cuisines: German, Brew Pub, Family Fare
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Neighborhood: Radeberger Vorstadt
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Love it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

Probably my favourite drinking and dining establishment anywhere in the world. Great beer, great ambience, great traditional German food. It's pretty big, and it can be hard to catch a waiter's eye, but the service isn't slow. The food is well cooked, tasty (the best Schweinshaxe I've had) and well priced- I've come out feeling like I've had a mother of a blow out yet only spent €20. The outdoor terrace has its own bar, and on Sundays has live music. I don't know what days he's normally there but I've also been entertained by an endearingly cheesy lounge pianist a couple of times- possibly Wednesdays.

The staff are friendly, tolerant of foreigners, children and students- it really is one of those places where anyone with a good attitude is welcomed. If you're in Dresden, don't mess about, just go.

• Visited January 2012

79% Recommend
  • Turkish first
Prague, Czech Republic
“Fine Beer and Saxon food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

We had our final night dinner at the Waldschlosschen and we loved the atmosphere and location. It was too cold to sit in the beer garden, but the rustic hunting lodge meets beer hall atmosphere inside was authentic Saxon. Wehn we arrived everzthing was readz and the group mean went like clockwork. Everyone's allergies and food preferences were respected. We had some of the best sauerbraten I've ever tasted and the Pork Knuckle was so big that three people could have eaten one.

The beer can|t be beet, with some of the tastiest wheat beer in Germany.
We organiyed a littel tour of the brewery for those who were interested, makeing our visit more interesting and culturally significant

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Germany
“Worth the visit! Great beer and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

We stayed at the Hotel am Waldschlosschen and visited the Brauhaus am Waldschlosschen three times in our three days there! The first stop was to have a beer and it was fabulous. If you like dunkel, this dunkel is for you to try! (Dark Beer) The next night we had supper and the Weiss beir. The food was really good and the beer was great! We made reservations for the following night and tried different food and the Christmas beer. The Christmas beer has a SLIGHLY smoky flavor and was the best Christmas beer we have had to date. The location is about 15 minutes from the Alstadt on Tram 11 which stops right in front of the Brauhaus. Note...the soft drinks are WAY more expensive than the beer---so drink the beer! Both nights had a guy singing at the piano and it was good---added to the ambience. Two of the three visits had great service...the third night was so-so...the young waitress seemed a bit scattered and we had to flag her down alot. Highly recommend if you are in Dresden.

• Visited November 2011
Frankfurt, Germany
“Excellent in every way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

The only place I've found in Dresden so far with very goog food AND very good service. The beer's not baed either :o)

• Visited October 2011
Cold Bay, Alaska
“A Floridian called this a tourist haunt? Really? Wow.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2010

Anyways, regardless of what other's say, this is a large brewery/restaurant that serves one hell of a hefeweizen. The wife had a chicken stuffed with feta cheese and I had a grillteller with cabbage, and the kids shared a schnitzel. All the food was excellent. A note about me; I live in Bavaria and I eat at a lot of restaurants, stay at a lot of hotels, and this place rates above any place I've been in Germany, to include Bavaria. Even the wife said their apple strudel was the best she's ever had. And the prices are affordable, the place is packed, and the people who were in the place all spoke German and walked there - doesn't sound like a tourist to me. For those who are tourists, this place is on Tram 11, 20 minutes from downtown Dresden, in a residential neighborhood. The stop is Waldschlossen, the name of the brewery/restaurant and the hospital beside it. Last I checked, tourists don't usually congregate at local hospitals...