“Very informative tour” 4 of 5 stars

+49 351 1605362
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover Dresden with a private tourist guide during a city tour or walking tour. We invite you to explore the historic old town of Dresden with us, the Neustadt-district not only it's bars & pubs or the green parts of our town during a bike tour. We also offer excursions to the surrounding landscape - we are at your service.
Hong Kong, China
“Very informative tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I have spent a couple of hours with Sylvia, from Jana's team, touring the old city of Dresden, with specific emphasis of the Jewish aspects of the city.

Sylvia was very knowledgable, came prepared with historical pictures of some significant parts so we can compare "old vs today", and shared historical persepctives on the development of the city since WWII. She also shared with me all relevant aspects of the Jewish life of Dresden, including a visit to the local synagouge, which I found very interesting.

Thanks for a great visit, Sylvia.

Visited September 2012
Jana M, Inhaber at Erleben Sie Dresden Private Tours, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Dear Elad, I am happy that I found the right guide for your special tour in Dresden. I am going to forward the message to Sylvia. Thanks! Jana

Baltimore,MD
71 attraction reviews
“Excellent private guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I highly recommend Katharina ( in Jan's group) as an English speaking private guide of Dresden. She is from Dresden and is Jewish--so she and her family have had many experiences while residing in the city. Also, even though my plane was delayed 2 hours due to a Lufthansa strike --she was still waiting for me in the hotel lobby and still gave me most of my contracted time for a 2 hour walking tour.(cost 95 euros)

Visited September 2012
Jana M, Inhaber at Erleben Sie Dresden Private Tours, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Dear Suzanne, thank you very much for your review. I am very happy, that everything worked out even though there was a long delay. Luckily Katharina did not have a tour scheduled right after yours. Enjoy your traveling! Jana
Chicago, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
“Best Decision of our Short Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

My husband and I made a last minute decision to spend one night in Dresden on our way to Berlin. Jana was booked on short notice, so she referred us to Susan who provided an insightful walking tour of the historic central area in Dresden. Susan gave us a great history lesson and overview of both historic and modern times. In my opinion, it would be hard to fully appreciate the sites in Dresden without a professional knowledgeable guide. TIP: There is a large, young charming and hip New Town area on “the other side of the river”, that is largely under promoted to tourists. We spend a delightful couple of hours wandering the area in the morning before our departure. If you have the time, consider expanding your guided tour to include New Town.

Visited August 2012
Jana M, Inhaber at Erleben Sie Dresden Private Tours, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Hi, thank you very much for writing this review. I am happy that you enjoyed touring with Susan and even enjoyed a visit of the New town with its complete different atmosphere. Maybe you discover even more at your next visit! Jana
Chicago, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
“Biking to Pillnitz”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I was visiting Dresden in June with my son, age 16. I contacted Erleben Sie Dresden and Jana responded to my inquiries. I was interested in Biking to Pillnitz and seeing some of the outlying areas of Dresden. Jana was an excellent guide and the ride do Pillnitz follows a beautiful bike path along the Elbe river. There are beautiful historic homes and great beer gardens to stop in along the way. If you are visiting Dresden the areas outside the city center deserve some time. Biking to Pillnitz with Jana was a perfect way to explore the beautiful outskirts of this lovely city. Jana was very knowledgeable and her English was excellent. She is a true professional.

Visited June 2012
Jana M, Inhaber at Erleben Sie Dresden Private Tours, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Hi Laura, it was a great biking trip with you. I am glad that the two of you found me online. Thanks a lot for taking your time for writing this review. Jana
Mexico city
“Dresden tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My boss and her family travel to Germany this summer and they take a two day tour with Erleben Sie in Dresden and they love it. One of them mentioned that Dresden was the best of all the trip and I'm pretty sure that was because of Jana and her team.

Visited June 2012
Jana M, Owner at Erleben Sie Dresden Private Tours, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Hi Anna, thank you very much for your review. Since this tour was guided by Heidi I am going to greet her too. We are happy, that we managed it to your boss' satisfaction. Jana