“5 Star all the way!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Schloss Eckberg

You added Schloss Eckberg to your Saves list
Schloss Eckberg
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Bautzner Strasse 134, 01099 Dresden, Saxony, Germany (Loschwitz)   |
Ranked #21 of 124 Hotels in Dresden
Lagos
“5 Star all the way!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Attended friends wedding held at the hotel. Stayed 4 days. Service, rooms, scenery, area, atmosphere - 5 star all the way. Only one comment - partying too much to get some sleep :-)

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2010

This lovely hotel totally exceeded our expectations! It is not an inexpensive hotel, but it was certainly worth it! We had a room in the Kavalierhaus, modern and well equipped, and we enjoyed our short walk to the castle where we had breakfast and dinner. We had booked a "half pension" package and we were truly delighted with the quality of the food and the wines and the service. The location and the park are stunning and the view on the river is beautiful. It was unfortunately too cold to enjoy our meals outside, but we would love to go back during the summer be able to do it. All staff members were friendly and competent and they all contributed to make our stay memorable.
Travelling to Dresden with public transport was easy and inexpensive, and I would certainly recommmend to leave the car at the hotel. It was great to go back to "our" castle for dinner at the end of a long day of sightseeing!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Cold Bay, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

Schloss Eckberg sits on grounds on a cliff overlooking the Elbe. There's a castle with rooms (where the restaurant and breakfast is served), and another building which is the Kavalierhaus which houses the not as ritzy. Absolutely immaculate property. My room in the Kavailierhaus was a suite with minibar, two small LCDs, a couch, safe, et. al. The only knock is no bathtub, but the shower was of good-size and great water pressure/temperature. I stayed here 3 nights. Free parking outside, felt very comfortable parking there. Free wireless internet (must get login/password every day). Breakfast is in the castle (just a 3 minute walk), and is ample and delicious and fancier than typical. On a side note, and I'm not even sure if the hotel is too blame or just me, but I arrived with an IPOD, and left without one. I was sure I left in the room, but not 100% certain. I do have my suspicions it may have been stolen from hotel workers though. (You need an electronic key just to enter the building, and yes there was a safe in the room, but it was very fickle.) Oh, Dresden is cool, and so is Swiss Saxony. Tram 11 about 5 minutes walk away - takes 20 minutes to downtown.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2007

Found this listing on Lonely Planet and was a bit concerned when I made the booking that it would work for us. We are a family of four with two teens. But, boy, are we glad we did!!! It was a little out of town up on hill overlooking Dresden, but the tram has a stop right out the front gate so it worked out perfectly for us. It is an old castle property with two parts you can stay in. We opted for the Cavalier House which was a bit cheaper but still allowed us to stay on the property and enjoy all the pluses. Food at the hotel is above top notch. We had two excellent meals-- although be warned, it is a bit expensive. But the food was well prepared and very creative. Sevice all around is excellent. After walking Dresden for three solid days, I truely believe we made the right choice. I am glad we stayed a bit out of the downtown section and enjoyed the quiet and views of the Schloss Eckberg.

• Liked — food was excellent
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2003

I stayed at the Hotel Schloss Eckberg for 3 nights in January 2003. I stayed in the Kavaliers house which was not in the main castle, but it was a very good value. The rooms were spacious enough with a nice sitting room with a couch which made it very comfortable to watch TV and relax. The room I was in was spotlessly clean, well maintained, had an excellent shower and good lighting. The staff was very friendly and efficient. The grounds are very picturesque and with a snowfall, it was amazingly beautiful. I would definitely come back.I had a rental car which I found to be useful since the hotel is not really centrally located. Public transportation is good, cheap and nearby, but for those that aren't too adventurous or willing to try their German will need to budget a little extra money for taxis back and forth between the hotel and the various city sights.

Been to Schloss Eckberg? Share your experiences!