The main thing about this hotel is its superb location right in the centre of the historical town near the river, but still fairly quiet. A 15 minute early morning run is to go past the opera house, across the river, right along the opposite bank and then back across the river and through the old town back to the hotel. No need to cross any busy roads and amazing views of the city as you cross the bridges.
My room on the first floor had a wonderful high ceiling with plenty of space. Dont know if I had an upgrade without realising it, but other members of the group on the higher floors said their rooms had lower ceilings and were less grand.
The hotel lobby is a bit of a shame with a rather naff blue wall which gives a slightly cheap first impression, but get past this and it smartens up. Overall, for such a big hotel it has a pleasant ambience of luxury, helped by its location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gracious Hotel housed in a rebuilt (from WW II rubble) 18th-century Baroque palace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Taschenbergpalais Kempinski reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taschenbergpalais Kempinski Hotel
- Taschenbergpalais Kempinski Dresden