“Short walk to the Rhine and Mosel” 3 of 5 stars

Trierer Hof
Clemensstrasse 1, 56068 Koblenz, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany   |
Ranked #12 of 37 Hotels in Koblenz
Edmonton, Canada
“Short walk to the Rhine and Mosel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

This hotel is about a three block walk through a park to the Rhine. My room was quite comfortable, although I had no view from the room. Bath facilities were good. There is a lift, and free wifi is provided. Free buffet breakfast was adquate, as I do not eat heavy breakfasts.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

Small reception area but very friendly and helpful staff. Small room, very small but clean bathroom with shower. Parking 2 blocks away from the hotel.

A suggestion for a day trip: go to Trier (190 km from Koblenz, on the Mosel river valley) and on the way stop at Cochem - a beautiful medieval small town

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Cheshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2008

My husband and I checked into this hotel for one night, having made the reservation through the Tourist Information Office at the station. The hotel was in a good location, close to the Old Town with lots of parking nearby, however the room was awful.

We had made the reservation knowing that we would be sleeping in a small room with one double bed. This did not bother us, however the mattress was of such poor quality that my husband and I couldn't avoid rolling into the middle of the bed. Also, the bed was jammed against the wall on one side with a dressing table at the end of the bed on the same side which meant that if I wanted to get up, I had to clamber over my husband.

Neither of us got any sleep at all due to the temperature of the room. It had been a hot sunny day and the room was absolutely stifling. We were in a room on the top floor with a small tilting window which didn't allow in any draught at all. The small fan which was provided was so noisy that we could hear it even when we had our earplugs in.

Yes - earplugs! The room faced out on to a busy street and the noise is obviously such a problem for the occupants of that room that the hotel had thoughtfully included two pairs of earplugs in the little basket of toiletries in the bathroom. Unfortunately, the earplugs did not block out the noise from the fan or the traffic which, combined with the sweltering heat and lack of fresh air, meant that we got no sleep at all.

When we complained as we checked out the following day, we suggested that a reduction on our bill might compensate in a small way for our inconvenience. We were offered a 7.50 Euro reduction which we accepted but it was small compensation for the worst night we have ever experienced in a hotel.

• Liked — Our departure
  • Disliked — The room
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Timbuktu, Mali
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2008

I stepped off the train at the Koblenz station and walked a few yards to the local tourist office. I was ready with a couple of hotel ideas that I had gathered but, the woman at the office suggested I look at the Triered. I was only in town for the night and this fit the bill. It's a smaller (maybe 30 rooms) located in Old Town Koblenz.

I had a single room on the 3rd floor. While small, it had everything I needed for a one night stay. I don't think they have air conditioning but, the fan in the room kept it very comfortable. For dinner, you're only a few steps away from a dozen or more lovely little restaurants.

The next morning, I got up and went for a run along the Rhine. The weather was perfect and I felt like I could run forever. Unfortunately, age and gravity cut that down to a brief 30 minutes!

• Stayed May 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2007

We stayed at the Trierer Hof for a week and we were very pleased. The room was comfortable and quiet and we thought it was very good value for money. It is a family run hotel and we didn’t always know who was family and who was not but everyone we met was very pleasant and helpful and all spoke excellent English. It’s also in a good location, just a short walk from the Rhine, Mosel and old (pedestrian) part of town. We’d recommend it.

• Liked — Quiet, clean, comfortable, good location.
  • Disliked — I had no complaint but there is no bar and it might not appeal to people who like "nightlife"
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Trierer Hof? Share your experiences!