“Warm and Friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Scotland
“Warm and Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Helpful, mature staff happily took our order and served us with food and wine, even though it was after 9pm, well worth a visit

Visited July 2013

“Tourist Mecca”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We ate here because walking was limited. This is a mass produced restaurant for the buses, the food was ok and the prices fair, there are far better places along the river.

Visited July 2013
Rockford, Michigan
“Great food and view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Ate at this restaurant tonight, food was great and a beautiful view of the Rhine River. Restaurant was very attractive, what I would think of as a typical German restaurant. Service was great. Food was really good. I had Escalope of Veal with mushroom sauce and salad. I really enjoyed my food. Prices were pretty good for the area.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, NC
“Fantastic German meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I wish we had eaten here both nights of our stay in Koblenz (German "Italian" food is not good). We ate here on a Thursday evening in early April and it wasn't terribly crowded, but there were several groups of people drinking and dining when we arrived. Our waiter was courteous and helpful, but not overly friendly (my only criticism). I enjoyed a nice Reisling on the recommendation of the waiter (and I learned that not all Reislings are sweet - a pleasant discovery) - the pour was very generous and a great value for the price. My husband enjoyed a few different beers. Our meal was delicious... possibly my favorite of the trip. My husband got a "meat and cheese plate" which had just that, a generous sampling of local meats and cheeses with a basket of bread. I ordered pork filets with noodles and they were served with a delicious creamy mushroom sauce with lots of fresh mushrooms. I have to try to recreate this dish at home.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
manchester
“spot on”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We brought our friends here, as we had been before. Excellent wine, super food and prompt service (plus English menus for our non-German speeking wives). A really nice quiet, relaxed atmosphere - which was appreciated after rushing round the Christmas market and shopping all day.

Visited December 2012