“Good coffee in oldtown” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Katzengold

Katzengold
Untergrunewalder Strasse 3, 42103 Wuppertal, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany (Elberfeld-Mitte)
+49 202 304526
Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 299 Restaurants in Wuppertal
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Elberfeld-Mitte
“Good coffee in oldtown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Not best but nice food in the oldtown .. Its easy to reach from trainstation ..Apple-crumble should be tried ... One of the best in the city

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

London
“Lovely German food in Katzengold”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I had done a little research and a restaurant name seemed to come up a lot, Katzengold, serving great traditional German foods. We headed there without realizing that we really should have had a reservation but managed to get the last table! Very lucky indeed.
We opted for 2 salads, one with perfectly cooked salmon and one, gorgeous with goats cheese, nuts and honey.
In order not to get too healthy we also had potatoes with aioli on the side.

We had picked Wuppertal at random for a girls weekend away and we ended up having such a lovely time and if I ever come back to Wuppertal I would go back again and again!
Great food, friendly staff and great atmosphere but I would advice to book a table!

read more about our weekend in Wuppertal here; http://petra08.wordpress.com/2012/12/08/german-christmas-spirit-part-one/

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
yorkshire
“like my local abroad”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

i have been travelling to wuppertal for thirty years, i have good friends there. this bar has been my local in all that time. good beer, good company, lovely ambience. try the roast potatoes with alioli or try it for sunday morning for breakfast, one of the most relaxing sunday mornings you can have. oh! and the luisen str. outside is a very pretty street.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cologne, Germany
“Wonderful, relaxing meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I read some good reviews of Katzengold and wanted to try it. When I turned the corner, I knew this was going to be a good meal. It sits on a quiet street with 10 tables on the sidewalk. I had the Fischteller vom Grill (Salmon, Shrimp, and Calamari) grilled to perfect with exquisite aoli and a very creamy potato pudding.

The staff is friend, observant but not overbearing and my waitress spoke excellent English.

I will be in Wuppertal one more night and may very well come back.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Indialantic, Florida
“Great food and service, best salad I've EVER had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

My husband and I visited Wuppertal for a friend's 40th birthday party last summer. We were staying a local hotel and were given suggestions for a few cafes/pubs in the area. We visited Katzengold the first afternoon after arriving in Wuppertal and went back 2 more times during our 4 day stay in the area because we loved it so much. It was a short walk from the hotel and easy to find. We sat inside on the last visit because there was no available seating outside, but by far the outside seating is better. It was July so the weather was great and the people watching was nice. The wait staff were friendly and helpful. Most spoke very good English which was great for us because we speak almost no German. The food was great...not at all the typical German "pub fair" that I was expecting. I ordered the salad with goat cheese the first visit and was hooked. In fact, if I could fly there just to get that salad somehow I would do it every week. On the other visits we also ordered their potatoes with aioli...yummy. All the food was great quality with super fresh ingredients. The best part though was when the bill came- totally affordable! Wuppertal is off the beaten path of other more frequently traveled cities like Berlin or Koln, but if you're in the area or near by you should stop to eat at this place.

• Visited July 2010