“Bleak and cold” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel zur Senne

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Paderborn
Hotel zur Senne
You added Hotel zur Senne to your Saves list
Bielefelder Strasse 113, 33104 Paderborn, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany   |
Ranked #21 of 23 Hotels in Paderborn
London, United Kingdom
“Bleak and cold”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed here in September 2012. I will not be staying again. This weird place needs serious improvement and it is worth paying more to stay in the centre of Paderborn. As another reviewer noted, the building and the bedroom were extremely cold. I turned the radiator up to max but it didn't come on all night. Luckily there was a blanket, or else I would have been too cold to sleep. The room was large but very spartan and lacking basic comfort and homeliness. Perfectly decent bathroom with nice hot shower. Very disappointing, however, was that having booked B&B, indeed having arranged at check-in the time and type of breakfast I wanted, and having been shown the breakfast room, when I went down for breakfast in the morning the room was locked and there was no-one there! I waited for 20 minutes in the cold and lonely lobby but to no avail. All the doors were locked and I went without my breakfast. No time to sort it out as I had to leave. Perfectly friendly staff can't make up for lack of basic amenities and service. Give this place a wide berth.

Room Tip: Perhaps bring your own heater or sleeping bag!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2010

The experience I got from staying at this hotel was not the best, I only stayed one night and I could have been just unlucky.

The staff were very friendly. That was the only good point.

The rooms - not the cleanest but it is an old building and might be hard to keep on top of things. My room had two big windows and it was very cold, the small portable TV in the room did not work. For that reason and the fact I was travelling in the morning I decided to have an early night, but the pub (wintergarden) which is located by the reception was very noisy with loud music blasting out kept me up till about 1am, it was a weekday.

Morning came and time to settle the bill, only to find that the credit/debit card paying facility was broken, so I had to quickly jump in the car to find a cashpoint.

They do have free internet access but only available downstairs in the pub/reception area.

As I said in the begining I could have been unlucky, but I will not be saying here again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
wrexham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2007

My friend & I went over to visit my daughter who is stationed over there with the Armed forces. This hotel is right across the road from the barracks so therefore is very handy for visiting those serving over there.

The room was large with plenty of closet space, a table & 2 chairs. The bathroom was an okay size.

There is a TV which has one English speaking channel which is CNN & that's your lot.

There is a handy little supermarket right across the way & there are a few takeaway places along the road too which is very handy.

Overall, the hotel was okay but as a non-smoker, I did find it rather smokey but bearable. Breakfast was okay too, especially once we broke the language barrier a bit & managed to order what we wanted which was just a minor adjustment to what they were serving...i.e, Soft boiled eggs to our timing, toast rather than bread & warm rolls instead the coissants...otherwise it was cold rolls, slices of different hams, cheese,coissants & cold hard rolls & bread....but once we got that sorted it was fine. We also got down to the table 10mins b4 the said time to make sure that our toast etc was still warm cos they put them out before you come down.

But as I say overall, it is an okay place to stay with the added bonus of being close to your loved ones over there, it's also not too far away from Paderborn Airport approx 25min drive.
There is also a bustop within a stones throw away & also a train stop just behind the hotel so there is plenty of transport into town etc. I am planning to go back over again very soon.

Hope this review helped anyone looking for a place near to the barracks.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Smoking & Cleanliness
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Porthcawl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2006

Four of us stayed at this hotel for two nights on 17th and 18th of February 2006, as Paderborn is a large town with British soldiers it is an ideal base for families that want to visit serving soldiers, the rooms were very large but bathrooms very small with only a shower,they have the room to make these larger, plenty of hanging space for clothes, a large table and and two chairs also a T.V. with a few English chanels, there is a lively bar at this hotel and the food is very good and the breakfast exeptional, looking at photographs in the foyer of the work that has been done so far as this hotel is quite old they are on track to have a nice place in the next few years.
Overall we have booked to go back there in May 2006 as the price for two people including breakfast is only about £50.00 per night and we would recomend this hotel
[--]

Been to Hotel zur Senne? Share your experiences!