“Beautiful (and free!) Museum” 5 of 5 stars
Review of City Museum (Stadtmuseum)

City Museum (Stadtmuseum)
Salzstrasse 28, 48143 Muenster, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 18 attractions in Muenster
Type: History Museums
Attraction Details
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
25 attraction reviews
“Beautiful (and free!) Museum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I went to the museum because it was free and it was raining, but I'm really glad I went. The exhibits were well-put together, including a dozen or more models of the city at various points in its history. There were also models of a Münsterland farmhouse and an early 20c. shop that you could walk into. The videos were interesting and informative and the pictures and wall murals were very powerful, especially those pertaining to the Holocaust. There was also a special exhibit about toys, and several hands-on activities for kids.

I will say that I didn't try to get printed information in English and I'm not sure if it's even possible. I do know that you can phone to organize a guided tour in English.

Visited July 2012

Chicago, Illinois
“really worth visiting.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

This is a really excellent local museum. Münster has a rich history, and much of it is on display here. It is in a really lovely space, and the displays are interesting. The tours are excellent. Really worth a visit.

Visited December 2011
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
87 attraction reviews
“Not very welcoming”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

I went here with my family on a whim because it was raining, but the staff working there really soured the experience for us. They treated us, a group of adults and almost adult teens, very rudely as though we were there to rob the place(which frankly had nothing we would have wanted at all;)
They followed us through the entire museum, which was almost funny, because it was so ridiculous! We were the only people there, so it must be a very dull job, but that's really no excuse to treat us that way. The museum was okay, but nothing to write home about.
(No photos were allowed, sorry)

Visited July 2011