“Steaks to die for” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
england
“Steaks to die for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Found this by accident last week-end. So glad we did, looking for the Italian, hotel recommended
. They never told me about this one....very busy but worth the wait, this was definitely the best steaks we have had for a long time, cooked to perfection. They had menus in English as well, lovely helpful waiter. One of us had the pork steak as well..perfect. Glad we found this restaurant please try it reccomend.

• Visited December 2013

• Polish first
Leverkusen, Germany
“Back again - and as good as the last time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I took a visiting business colleague here recently and we both enjoyed the experience. It being a Monday night, I didn't think that I would need to reserve a table. As it was, we got a seat but I was surprised how quickly the restaurant filled up.
I ordered the snails in herb butter (I got 7 - one must have sneaked on the plate when the cook wasn't looking) followed by a medium sized and grilled rump steak. My colleague had french onion soup and a crusty pepper steak. All was cooked to perfection and tasted delicious.
Service is quick, friendly and efficient. So, as promised I was back again and pleased that I had kept my faith in the place.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Leverkusen, Germany
“Simple, but convincing steakhouse”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Father, son and trusty dog stopped off at the Don Camillo on our early evening walk for an ad hoc dinner together. We found ourselves a table outside on the small patio and were warmly welcomed with a Kölsch and Malzbeer. I ordered a simple rump steak with no sauce but with a baked potato as the only accompaniment. It was beautifully cooked & quite frankly, delicious. My son went for the kids portion of bratwürst & chips which he wolfed down - this is a testament to a very good kitchen! The only compliant was the hole in my beer glass - although I admit that I was rather thirsty, it was a hot evening and the Kölsch was also just right.
I'm left wondering why it has taken us so long to discover this place. But now, once tried, we won't be shy in returning... soon.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Leverkusen
“Best steak in Leverkusen/NRW/Germany .......”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

My family and myself are customers here for over 20 years now, so the owners must be doing right. The steak is a true delight, with a taste you do not find anywhere else, not even in Buenos AIres or Sao Paulo (Ihave been there). Please try it pure without any sauce at first to understand what I mean. Then put some Chimichuri and enjoy even more.....the sauce is also a Don Camillo-own creation. Then there is this awesome salad, that, and here ally my friends agree, is the best around as well, due to its special mixture of oil/vinegar and spices.
The service is friendly as fast, even when the place is full, and that usually is the case, so book a table 2-3 days ahead of time.
The ambiente is a bit "rustic" and could use an update, but then again it is all about the food.
So hopefully we will be able to go there for another 25 years! That is how long the restaurant exists!

• Visited May 2013
Bonn, Germany
“Really good steakhouse!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Super tasty and juicy steaks! Friendly service and nice atmosphere. We were seated in front of the place were the guy cooks the steaks. You can see while your plate is made and they have a nice display of fresh meat. I enjoy to see the gaucho dealing with la parilla, it was so passionate, great!

Reservations are highly recommended. We went a thursday evening and the place was full, but we had made a reservation ;)

• Visited February 2012