I am a regular Cologne visitor. In the past I stayed at the InterContinental Cologne, now a Dorint hotel. For my last visit, I did choose the InterContinental Dusseldorf. This because I am an IC Ambassador with a free weekend night voucher to spend. Normally I would not have chosen it, but I will consider it in the future, even for my Cologne visits. A pleasant surprise indeed.
The hotel is very well located on a prime address (Koeningsallee) right in the city centre, but it is also a very clean and quit area. You can open a window and still have a good rest. The clean, save and light parking (KO 59; Euro 28,00 a day) is easy to find and reach from anywhere and it' s just 40 km easy traffic to the city centre of Cologne. Shopping (Stillwerk, the usual big brands, Abercrombie & Fitch, Peek & Cloppenburg) is all around. The Altstadt is within walking distance. The new Hyatt is in the hip new Hafen area, but it's a far away from where you like to be most of the time.
The hotel atrium is impressive but not overwhelming. The reception is correct, efficient but still friendly. You are welcome in your suit and your jeans. It does not have the Breidenbacher attitude (the other decent, more expensive, address in town). The room is not huge, but still spacious. Good bathroom. Everything is functional and working. More important: great bed, window to open, completely dark at night. Ok, they did forget to bring the fruit, but that's the only remark I can make. Try to avoid an atrium room (superior). Ask for a room facing the outside (to open the window...).
If you want to have a swim or if you want to work out, the Holmes Place offers you all the facilities you can think of. If you did not book a room with breakfast, it might be a bit difficult to find inexpensive breakfast in the morning, especially on sunday when bakeries are closed (... it's different from Cologne).
One of the top assets of this hotel is concierge Felix Kreus.
Friendly, being on top of his business, providing personal service, keeping exactly the right distance. He is the almost picture perfect reliable German guy. This is what you need if you want to plan something special, need to have something fixed, or need some real assistance. Felix, thanks!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Man sagt, es sei DAS HOTEL "FUR KUNST UND KULTUR" AUF DER KO...Denn wer das InterContinental Dusseldorf an der Konigsallee betritt, spurt sofort die moderne Ausrichtung mit der Konzentration auf zeitgenossische Kunst und Lifestyle: eine Artist Wall mit 33 Namen bekannter Dusseldorfer Personlichkeiten, wie Heinrich Heine, Max Ernst, Clara Schumann und Joseph Beuys, schmuckt das 40m hohe Atrium der Lobby. Seit der Eroffung des Hotels 2005 wurde kontinuierlich an Kunst- und Kulturinitiativen gearbeitet, um die lokale Verankerung mit der Kunstmetropole Dusseldorf zu festigen und als der ,,place to stay" fur Kunst- und Kultur weltweit wahrgenommen zu werden. Das Luxushotel auf der wunderschonen Konigsallee ist aber nicht nur aufgrund der besonderen Architektur und Ausrichtung Hot Spot der Stadt: auch kulinarisch hat es Vieles zu bieten, so das Restaurant PEGA und die stylische bar fifty nine, deren Cocktails und Latte Macchiatos legendar sind...An Wochenenden rockige Live Musik meist bis in die fruhen Morgenstunden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, IHG, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Expedia, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your InterContinental Dusseldorf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Dusseldorf Hotel
- Intercontinental Hotel Duesseldorf
- Intercontinental Hotel düsseldorf