“Good hotel with excellent transport links and easy airport access” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Duesseldorf - City North

You added Holiday Inn Express Duesseldorf - City North to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Duesseldorf - City North
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Mercedesstrasse 14, 40470 Dusseldorf, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #63 of 243 Hotels in Dusseldorf
North West England
“Good hotel with excellent transport links and easy airport access”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed at this hotel over the May bank holiday weekend. Easy access from the airport, only 2 stops via the S11 train. Good transport links into town via tram at the end of the road. Stayed in a family room which was cramped with 2 adults and a teenager, however had a good comfortable stay, no noise, clean room and comfortable beds.Adequate free breakfast provided. Was glad to have chosen a hotel outside of the old town as this was really crowded over the weekend. Would recommend this hotel and certainly stay again if in town.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Greek first
Madrid, Spain
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I arrived last Wednesday night to this hotel. My reservation was done and secured by a Voucher for one night. Purpose of my trip was business. I arrived with two colleagues.
After doing check in , I went to my room, when I entered the same I discovered that it was occupied. I was given at reception a further key for a further room. Again same story !!!. I asked the guy at the reception what was going on and he was not able to give me an answer.My colleagues "were able to find a vacant room" in the hotel. The finally booked me (apparently) at the NH Hotel close by. After arriving to the NH hotel I discovered that Holiday Inn had not called NH in order to get me one room. It was the NH staff calling Holiday Inn in order to find out. Finally I got a room at NH. The day after Holliday Inn was supposed to send me a taxi in order to pick me up and bring me to the Holiday Inn in order to meet my colleagues. Again they failed. Nobody was waiting. A hotel chain such as Holiday Inn cannot afford themselves to commit such mistakes. I'm sure they had sold out more rooms then available and they just played around with me sending me from one room to another by knowing exactly they were occupied.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Stefan H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Duesseldorf - City North, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Mr. Haas,

Thank you very much for your constructive feedback. Please let me apologize for the bad experience you had in our Hotel. As other guest's feedback proofs, this is absolutely not our hotel standard.
Yes, we made a mistake in our system and directed you to the wrong room and I do understand
your frustration. The front desk staff reserved a room for you in the other Hotel via mail and also ordered a taxi to pick you up. I am shocked that both services did not work, from our side it was ordered. I can promise you that this poor performance will not happen again in the future and I'd like to apologize once more. We hope you will give our team a new chance to proof our exelent service and attitude.
Kind regards from Düsseldorf
Yvonne Kuschel
Hotel Manager
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Don´t miss its offers!
A room for 2 adults and 2 children with buffet breakfast at 65 euros it´s a bargain, right?
The breakfast included pretty much everything (even croissants, fresh fruits, yoghurt, ham, cheese etc.)
Ask for a non smoking room if you´re not a smoker, as our room had that little smell like a heavy smoker stayed in before us.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Stefan H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Duesseldorf - City North, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear guest
we thank you very much for your nice words. It´s a honor to us to read and get such a feedback.
Kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

For the price, you cant really go wrong. Its clean and breakfast is continental self service and more than adequate. My teenage daughter moaned at the lack of cooked breakfast options like sausage and bacon. I had to remind her, we weren't in England where she can expect a full English breakfast. They do have boiled eggs and quite a good selection of other cold meats and cereals.

Parking is free, on the roadsides. Just ask at reception and they will show you where to park for free. Their own parking you have to pay but we never had issues with free parking. Its in a business park so neighbours are other business with a lot of parking space. We just parked our car the entire time we stayed at the hotel and only moved it when leaving. The rest of the time we just used local trams.

Google maps is good for picking up which train number you need. Its a straight ride into town. Note that where you drop isn't always where you pick up the next tram.

As I said this is a business park so there isn't really anyway near to eat apart from the McDonalds literally across the street. We always ate in the centre and just used the hotel as a crash pad.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Bern, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Although this is only a Holiday Inn Express, this was quite good. The room is spacious, the staff was friendly all the time and helpful, and the breakfast buffet is also as expected. And if you are by car, there are free parking slots outside on the street, and there is also a parking garage from the hotel, which costs something. I got free wifi, which was quite fast.
Would go there again if I had to go again for a couple of days to Düsselburg.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Bradford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We decided to get a taxi from the airport to the hotel, this is a minimum €20 euro charge, just a little warning to anyone else who is going to do this.
Arrived at the hotel and the staff were extremely friendly and happy to speak in english for me as my partner speaks German and i speak none. The room was ok, clean floors and bedding/surfaces but the walls had marks on that i presume were from kids, like scuff marks and the ceiling had a big stain on it next to the air conditioning. Tv had plently of channels and a fair few in english so i was happy to be watching the soaps!
Breakfast for me was a let down, not a lot of choice but could be because i wanted a full cooked breakfast. A few choices of cold meats and cheeses, small selection of bread, small choice of cereals and yogurt. Hot drink selection was good!
The hotel were happy to get us a taxi for our first day in to the centre but after that and the cost we decided to go to the train station around the corner as its a little cheaper, there is also a bus stop and tram stop next to the station too.
A few times during the evening and night at the hotel there were kids running around the floors, pressing the lift to come up all the time and knocking on doors and running away, really annoying hearing them running about screaming but i dont expect the hotel to sort that out.
There are some vending machines to get cold bottles which are a little cheaper than the bar, it also has snacks available. The empty bottles we had in our rooms were not removed by house keeping for the 3 nights we stayed. The towels we had used and left on the floor to get new ones were not replaced until the last night. I thought if you had used them and left on the floor/on the shower floor they should be replaced?
We stayed for 3 nights and it was nice but i wouldnt come back just because i would like to stay somewhere different the next time.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Den Haag, Nederland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It's here in this corner of Dusseldorf a battle amongst three hotels, Mercure, HN and Holiday Inn Express. Holiday Inn Express is the most basic style but the two others try to get een big margin on their breakfast. Breakfast in HIE is good enough and this is probably the place with the least traffic noise. NH is very near a metro station

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Stefan H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Duesseldorf - City North, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear doolaard23,

Thank you very much for your positive review. We are delighted that you did enjoy your stay with us. We appreciate your positive comments and we look forward to welcome you in our hotel.

Best regards,
Guest Service Manager Front Office

Been to Holiday Inn Express Duesseldorf - City North? Share your experiences!