I am a regular customer of Melia hotels (Innside is part of the group) and I was very much anticipating the stay at this relatively new hotel in Düsseldorf's Medienhafen district. And I must say that I liked the hotel and its rooms. The hotel's facade is quite unique and colorful and the interior is very contemporary. The rooms are spacious, modern, bright and clean, with a cool view of the Medienhafen and the Düsseldorf skyline (we stayed at the 11th floor). I loved the fact that the use of the mini bar (with waters and fruit juices) was free during the stay. There's also a Nespresso machine, delicious coffee moments guaranteed! I also used the hotel's gym which was small but the machines were good and the view was exciting! There's also a sauna facility which I didn't use. Breakfast was plentiful and delicious, moreover, you dine on the 16th floor with spectacular views again.
All by all a satisfying and enjoyable stay, but there are nonetheless some points to improve:
- during our stay, we had problems with the shower sink and the washbasin: the water did evacuate very slowly so that the room floor got flooded several times
- no possibility to cut the air-conditioning
- parking facilities are available in front of the hotel, but it is not an official hotel park but a private, open-air one. Prices are quite high, almost 17 euros per night.
- on Saturday morning, the breakfast room was overcrowded as it isn't very big. So be there early! Unfortunately, almost everything on the breakfast buffet was empty when we arrived (at 0:30am): no croissants, no bread rolls, no cheese, ham, scrambled eggs, bacon, orange juice... Very disappointing! The nice lady told the guests that everything will be filled again shortly but it took a long time and almost all the other guests were surprised, too. How's it possible that all these items get empty without the person in charge even noticing it?
I would definitely recommend the hotel and stay there again.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Travelocity, Venere, getaroom.com, Hotel.de, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Innside Duesseldorf Hafen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.