“Very good hotel and lovely breakfast!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Innside Duesseldorf Hafen

You added Innside Duesseldorf Hafen to your Saves list
Innside Duesseldorf Hafen
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Speditionstrasse 9, 40221 Dusseldorf, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
up to -15% MeliáRewards
Ranked #31 of 243 Hotels in Dusseldorf
Antwerp, Belgium
“Very good hotel and lovely breakfast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We just returned from a lovely long weekend at this hotel.
We originally booked the Radisson Blu Media Hafen but decided to change our booking a few days before arriving. We didn't regret this one minute!
The hotel opened very recently (a few months ago) and they still have to get a few things straight but those were only minor points.
I will start with the things that we experienced as very positive :
- I e-mailed the hotel a few requests before arriving and they were fulfilled without any problems. Very nice!
- Nice high-tec industrial design but not over-the-top. Bright and functional rooms. The open-bathroom is something that is getting very common in hotels all over the world. We like it a lot (there isn't much we haven't seen of each other after being together 8 years :-)) but I imagine that colleagues sharing the same room think about this in a different way...
- Comfortable, wide (180cms) king size bed.
- Rooms with windows that can be opened. This might sound a bit odd but it is very important to us. In many hotels (even the luxury ones) the rooms can't be opened and you depend on air conditioning which I don't like.
- Free minibar and nespresso machine (even though the minibar is very limited, it is a nice touch).
- Lovely breakfast and friendly, helpfull staff. A nice variety of products (large choice of bread and rolls, salmon, meats and cheeses, juices, Very nice scrambled eggs (hotels that don't serve the horrible powdered eggs are getting rare these days...), nice crispy bacon, nice coffees (served by the friendly staff)... We travel a lot and this is how a 4* hotel breakfast should be! Well done!
- Nice, hot sauna (including nice music :-)). A pity that there is no jacuzzi but I'm not complaining.
- Lovely location and lovely views. We know Düsseldorf very well and we always wanted to stay in the Media harbour. Yes - it is a bit of a walk to the city centre but if you have done your homework, you should know that before arriving. It allways annoys me when people complain about hotel locations while they were the ones that actually decided to stay there!
- Everything very clean! Yes it is a new hotel but even then, this is not 'obvious' at all.
There were also a few minor flaws and those were the reason that I gave 4/5. They are small things I admit but they can be easily fixed so I will still mention them anyway:
- No mattress covers on the bed (this must be the first time I have slept in a hotel bed without a mattress cover). Not very hygienic and I'm afraid that the mattresses will look terrible in a few months time...
- The pillows are too fluffy. We like firm pillows but there were none :-((
- The blinds in the room were broken so there was loads of daylight from 6.30am.
- 2 separate duvets on the bed. This is a very German thing and I know that many people like this but we don't...
- No BVN or Dutch speaking channels on the tv (we didn't come to Düsseldorf to watch tv but just half an hour of tv before going to bed is always nice). Other hotels in the city that we stayed at had BVN.
- The hotel bar: We had a drink in the Sky bar on the second night and we weren't too impressed at all. We both ordered the same wine and both came in completely different glasses?! Not a big deal you might think but when I pay big prices, I expect big service! When I mentioned it to the waitress, all she said was 'Is it ok?' When the bill came, the price was also higher than the price on the bar menu?? I decided to leave it and asked her if she could charge the drinks onto the room. She replied: 'Do you have a pen to sign??' A waitress without a pen...no comment. As mentioned by other reviewers, a separate, small 'quiet' hotel bar, even downstairs should be a nice idea.

Despite these few small flaws, we will most probably return to this hotel as we really enjoyed our stay so I would definitely recommend it! Well done!

Room Tip: Go for a premium room if you want a high floor and a nice view!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Bosko G, Leiter Front Office at Innside Duesseldorf Hafen, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear Delectatio,

first of all I would like to thank you very much for your very detailed assessment. For us, as a new hotel on the market it is very important to get these impressions and experiences of our guests to become better in our work and our service.
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay very well and felt comfortable.
Regarding the minor flaws I can say that we are working on all the things you have written to get 5/5 points next time :-)
From now on we have as well Dutch TV.

We would like to welcome you again during your next visit to Dusseldorf.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Turkish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

This is a stunning hotel, just to our taste. Clean, trendy and very modern. The view over the river and the skyline of Dusseldorf was amazing. We had requested a corner room at the front and it didn't disappoint. Breakfast with a view was another highlight, we were spoilt for choice when it came to the breakfast selection which was of a very high standard. The staff were very friendly and helpful, one in particular went the extra mile and did all she could to help us during our stay. (Tania!) It was also extremely peaceful and the location was ideal for us, with a beautiful walk along the river to get into the centre.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Hay_Atk 12,

thank you very much for assessment on tripadvisor. We are very proud to hear that you had a great time in our house and you enjoyed everything.

We would like to welcome you again during your next stay to Dusseldorf.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Nice modern hotel with free water & Juices (Much appreciated); Basin in the room and separate WC and bath area (good for family with young children)
Plus Points: 16th Floor sky lounge for meals; Very Nice view of city skyline & river rhine. Soothing and one can sit for hours here. Take a relaxing stroll in the evening on Rhine Promenade
Flip Side: No Supermarket nearby (Nettco is 25mins walk), even the nearest kiosk is 10mins walk

Room Tip: Take a room upward of 10th floor for scenic views of the river.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Bosko G, Leiter Front Office at Innside Duesseldorf Hafen, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Sid G,

thank you very much for your assessment on tripadvisor. We gladly thank you for sharing your experiences with us during your stay in our house.

We hope we can welcome you again during your next visit to Düsseldorf.

Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for a trendy, modern experience, this is the hotel. My room 1204 had a wonderful view on the Medienhafen and on the city!! Lot of light!! The bed is very very confortable and the room is beautifully decorated (it is very modern-design style )
On 16th floor breakfast is served and at night it is converted to a lounge-chill out area with DJ ... I love this hotel.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Bosko G, Leiter Front Office at Innside Duesseldorf Hafen, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Paul C,

thank you very much for your assessment on tripadvisor. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our new Innside Hotel Hafen.

We hope we can welcome you again on your next trip to Düsseldorf.

Sao Paulo, SP
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

The hotel is designed to be trendy, modern (and I appreciate that style). It is modern indeed, although in some instances it is not practical (elevators, lights in the room, etc).
Anyway, it is a clean, new, nicely decorated hotel, located in a nice developing neighborhood of Dusseldorf, the Media Hafen. Staff was attentious and helpful. I really appreciated the fact that water and juice in the frigobar were free of charge.
Public transportation there is not the best and it was far from the Messe Dusseldorf/Esprit Arena, and a taxi to that venue cost 20-25 euros. It was a great place to start a nice day walking to the old town,
Breakfast was solid.

One issue I had was with the internet. It does not make sense to advertise for free wi-fi and offer a slow, limited connection. The price for the fast unlimited wifi is not high (5 EUR/day), but I didn't like the fact that they offered something not completely true (free wifi).

Finally, can't comment on prices in absolute terms, since I went there on a busy week, and every single hotel in the city was charging more than 300 EUR.

Overall a good hotel (3,5 would be my real rating)

Room Tip: There is a nice wine store nearby called Die Weinkarte. Worth a visit.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Bosko G, Leiter Front Office at Innside Duesseldorf Hafen, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear Arielmorg,

thank you very much for your detailed explanations and impressions of your stay in our house. We are glad to hear that you liked our new house in the Media Hafen.

We would like to welcome you again on your next trip to Düsseldorf.

Leuven
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

We stayed one night in one of the suites at the Innside and we loved it.
Trendy but warm interior design, nice and functional bathroom, great bed for a good night's sleep and - although it was a corner suite with mostly windows - very soundproof.
We had drinks and dinner on the 16th floor, which offers a superb view of the harbour and the city of Düsseldorf. The food was excellent too. As was breakfast the next morning.
We have no remarks at all - no, I do have one: they have to work on the mojito :-) - and will surely stay there again as soon as the opportunity presents itself.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Bosko G, Leiter Front Office at Innside Duesseldorf Hafen, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Trotteress,

thank you very much for you kind description of your stay. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed the stay in our hotel and liked our style.

We hope we can welcome you again to your next visit to Dusseldorf.

with compliments

Munich, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

i've got controversial feelings after staying in this hotel. Yes, it is modern and stylish: chic bar, white glamorous room design, fancy shape of the building. I really felt like living in MoMA. However really sharp furniture edges left some blue spots on my feet as I bumped every day the same sofa corner. Questionable pleasure is also to watch the basin just next to your bed - reminded me about good old times and really shabby rooms I had to stay some time ago. It is probably assumed that chic guests do not drink tea or coffee they only sip ice cold apple juice from fridge or pay 5 EUR for a cup of tea in the hotel bar. Some tea/coffee making facility would be highly appreciated. Mobile network coverage is below critics, tested 3 operators - none was working properly. Free Wifi connection is slow and has limited traffic. Come on, if you charge 340EUR per night don't expect me to pay 4,95EUR for 1 day internet.
Towels left on the floor appear back on the rack - that's an interesting approach to ecofriendliness.
Only 2 elevators serving 16 floors is probably an approach to energy saving.

Among great things I should notice breakfast food selection and fantastic view on Rhein Hafen area from 16th floor.

At the end I was asked by receptionist if I liked my stay...well... cool ideas, great ambients, but absolutely careless realization, no thinking about client, just pure style and chic with no comfort.
What adds to hotel inconvenience - its location. Public transportation is poor, tram not yet operating, rely only on taxi service.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Bosko G, Leiter Front Office at Innside Duesseldorf Hafen, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Koneslon,

thank you for your detailed assessment and your detailed incitations.
You can be sure that we discuss in our internal department head meetings every assessment of our guests. To make sure to be better next time when the guests arrive again.

We hope we can welcome you again on your next trip to Düsseldorf.

Front Office Manager

Been to Innside Duesseldorf Hafen? Share your experiences!