“A beautiful quiet mansion, attentive staff, excellent value for money” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Villa Achenbach

Save Saved
You added Hotel Villa Achenbach to your Saves list
Hotel Villa Achenbach
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Achenbachstrasse 17 | Düsseltal, 40237 Dusseldorf, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany   |
Ranked #2 of 241 Hotels in Dusseldorf
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“A beautiful quiet mansion, attentive staff, excellent value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

My mother and I enjoyed Villa Achenbach very much, because of the atmosphere: a small luxurious hotel in an old mansion in a quiet street (very close to three tramways going to the centre of Düsseldorf). Our room was beautiful and spacious and the bathroom luxurious. The breakfast is wonderful, again in a beautiful room. The service is excellent. It was like being on a visit in a private home where we had our own big room. A comfortable feeling. A place to come back to.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Greek first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We enjoyed staying at this family hotel outside the centre. It's in a lovely tree lined street which is quiet and the trams in to the centre were a great part of our holiday! Breakfast is excellent, though I could have done without the faint burble of the television which was on the far wall, but I could turn my back on it. Not sure what purpose it serves.... The twin room was very clean and the bathroom was luxurious. Good value I think. The owner helpfully printed out our boarding cards for us. He doesn't speak English, but the young managers do.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

On a side street but very close to the city center.

Housed in an old mansion, restored and designed with amazing attention to detail.

Very attentive, friendly staff.

Best value for money in Duesseldorf. Not only the hotel itself, but e.g. their breakfast is hands down one of the best hotel breakfasts I have had in years (seriously - even the way it is arranged is absolutely royal) and costs only five dollars.

Highly, highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Blackburn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

My sister and I stayed here for 3 nights and were glad we did. I asked the tourist board to recommend a hotel suitable for me and my sister and were disappointed to be offered two hotels in the busy Altstadt. After a little searching online we found the gem that is the Achenbach Villa. Not only did we find a wonderful clean hotel with friendly staff, we also paid about 200€ less than we would've staying at either hotel recommended by the tourist office. We had a slight hitch when we checked in as we'd got a double instead of the twin room I thought I'd booked, but it was fine. The included breakfast is plentiful and fresh with lots of choice, you won't go hungry. The hotel would appear to have a small bar in the lounge/library but we never found out how it worked, self service vs staff service. Great location, a 25 minute walk or 10 minute bus/tram ride to the old town, on a very punctual, regular public transport system. The hotel has been renovated to a high standard but doesn't have a lift, which I think actually adds to the charm. Well worth a visit and I would actively recommend staying here.

• Stayed September 2012
Trieste
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

For anyone as me travelling a lot for business and used to soulless business hotels, this beautiful hotel is really a refreshing experience. The location is beautiful, close to city center but in a quiet high end residential area, the hotel looks recently renovated and everything looks perfect, it is an old villa refurbished with great taste, the rooms are very large, bathroom and room decoration very elegant and comfortable, the room for breakfast and the adjacent reading room elegantly decorated with library are exquisite, breakfast food selection is good quality even if not a huge selection. Free wifi working well in the room, complimentary water. Personnel was very helpful (helped me finding a closeby place to eat and providing me with a power plug adapter).
Only con: I stayed at second floor and had a heavy suitcase, there is no elevator and I had no one to ask for help carrying it as personnel was only ladies as me.
Next time I have to travel to Dusseldorf I will surely come back.

Room Tip: There is no elevator so consider it in case you cannot make stairs or have lots of luggage.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

the hotel offers:
- free wifi (accessible from anywhere, not just lobby like some hotels)
- breakfast was included in price (very good selection of german breads, cold cuts, yummy fried eggs and boiled eggs (which are hidden in a warm pocket) plus fruit, yougurt, croissants etc. all you can drink coffee and tea, and also seems nespresso (but i didn't ask)
- free bottle of water on arrival
- helpful and friendly staff
- it was recently tastefully renovated in a traditional style
- free cable tv (with so many channels that there is no time to look through them)
- located on a nice quiet street not very far from gardens which also have Opera and Goethe museum

If you dont have much luggage it's an easy trip from the airport on S-Bahn and about 10 min walk from the train station Wehrhahn which is the last stop before Hauptbahnhoff. If you have luggage then probably the best option is to catch a taxi as the airport is not that far away.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Lanzarote, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay, everybody was friendly and helpful, the breakfast was perfect and there were plenty of lovely things to choose from. We stayed in a double superior, spacious and spotlessly clean.Very quiet location, Would have liked tea/coffee making facilities, but this is a very English requirement, so bears no relevance to the high standard of this hotel. Would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Villa Achenbach? Share your experiences!