Standard Novotel experience. A bit expensive and adequate rather than exceptional.
The rooms are OK, but the bathroom is small, with an uncomfortably small space between the toilet and the wall, where you are stuck behind the door. The combined bath/shower unit is also cramped, and made from a pre-formed plastic moulding, giving a feeling more of cheap motel than of four star luxury. On the plus side, good pressure on the shower (4th floor) and plentiful hot water at all times, but if you use the pressure, it escapes past the curtain, and you find a wet floor when you get out... Sink has the most stupidly designed tap, where the water exits below a horizontal bar, so you can't wash your face without breaking your nose...
The bed was comfortable enough, but too short for my 6' 1" height.
You have to pay for internet connection.
It was unseasonably warm (25°C) but the airconditioning apparently was turned off, and delivered only ambient temperature air, so the room was stuffy. Opening the window was possible, but it was noisy outside.
Restaurant was used for one night only. They got our meals mixed up, delivered one completely wrong, so one of our party had to sit and watch everyone else eating until his turned up. Staff friendly enough, but service was slow from the kitchen, and it wasn't busy. They don't understand medium rare either.
Breakfast was good, with decent selection of cold meat, cheese, excellent bread and a few hot items. Coffee is delivered in a pot to your table, and is not the best. Plenty of fresh fruit, yoghourt, ceral, etc.
The bar was quite lively, and forms part of the lobby. Expensive, but not unexpectedly so. We had a combined bar and dinner bill for a party of 6, and felt we had been overcharged, but couldn't prove it.
I wouldn't rush back to this hotel, but if I do, I'll eat elsehwere. We had several better meals elsewhere in Dusseldorf, at a lower price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Dusseldorf City West is located in the Seestern business centre, 4 km from the city centre and 6 km from the airport and exhibition centre. 232 airconditioned rooms, 11 multifunctional conference rooms, a fitness centre with sauna and steam bath as well as our restaurant with terrace invite you to enjoy your stay at our 4 star hotel. Business and leisure travellers appreciate the transport connections to the Old Town and motorway plus the free airport shuttle in the morning and evening. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, ACCOR, Priceline and Expedia so you can book your Novotel Dusseldorf City West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Dusseldorf City West Hotel
- Novotel Hotel düsseldorf
- Accor Duesseldorf City West
- düsseldorf Novotel