“Dissapointed at the Front Desk staff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Duesseldorf Hauptbahnhof

You added Ibis Duesseldorf Hauptbahnhof to your Saves list
Ibis Duesseldorf Hauptbahnhof
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Konrad-Adenauer-Platz 14, 40210 Dusseldorf, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany   |
Ranked #49 of 242 Hotels in Dusseldorf
Spijkenisse, The Netherlands
“Dissapointed at the Front Desk staff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

When I arrived at the hotel I mentioned that I have a reservation and the guy at the front desk inmediately spoke in some kind of tone:'we don't have rooms available'. I told him that I already made a booking and later on he asked for my name. From that moment on I thought that the service would not be as hoped, but I kept it in a thought. He also mentioned that I could check in at 3 pm so I kept my luggage at the hotel and went into the city. After a couple hours I went back and the staff at time were friendly and answered my questions so I was satisfied at that moment. The room overall is nice and clean just like all Ibis hotels. The next day I went back to the frontdesk and guessed what. The same guy who I spoke the first time was again at the desk. He was kinda busy with counting money and didn't even looked up to his guest and the first thing he said to me was;' we don't have rooms available.' He didn't looked up and let me finish or let alone start my question. I told him that I only wanted to aks if they maybe by any chance have an iphone charger. And unfortunately I got a big and in a rude spoken way NO. I was really mad and felt some racist attitude at that moment. This may sound dramatical, but it is what I felt that way. The same evening I went to another staff and asked him some information about their breakfast service. So he answered me €10 per person per day. I asked him from what time it starts and he rudely answered my question again with €10 per person per day. I was really really mad I and went up to the room. So my stay in this Ibis was okay for the room, but service was a huge dissapointment. The staff is really unfriendly especially on my first two days. They need to care more and smile often. I will never ever go to this ibis again and would never recommend this to anyone. The only good thing about this hotel is the location.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Booked 7 rooms for a stag weekend - the hotel was perfect for this, the location was ideal and the staff helpful. Rooms were excellent for the price and beds very comfortable. Would definitely recommend and would go back

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I was in the middle of a hurried European trip and this hotel's entrance is within the train station! Perfectly quiet and comfortable with an accommodating staff. Of course, the draw is Dusseldorf "alt bier" and my chosen spot is "Im Fuchschen," The Fox. This delectable ale comes as fast as you can down each cool glass and the goof is top notch! Here is a nation and a city where beer is revered.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Yet another hotel I have stayed in a few times while staying in Dusseldorf. I know what you must be thinking, hotel at the central station, it must be noisy? Not at all, I was very pleasantly surprised that it's very quiet considering where the hotel is. I normally arrive by train to Dusseldorf, so when the train arrives I know in less than five minutes I'll be at reception.

The hotel is a standard Ibis, no massive frills, but does the job in terms of the rooms with Air-Con. There is no free Wi-Fi in the rooms but you can surf to your contentment in the lobby area. I never take breakfast here, there is nothing wrong with it, but I usually take something outside and there is a huge choice in the station to choose from.

On this occasion when I checked-in to the hotel, I was quite surprised to find two hostile employees manning the reception desk. Admittedly I was there just after midday and we know that check-in is from 3pm. I just asked if there was something available and the employee was taking the stance, "you can not check in until 3pm the earliest". I did then say that I have stayed at the hotel before and despite not being in business attire at this time, I'm well travelled and nearly every hotel will allow you to check-in before the time stated. This cut no ice and I was told 3pm despite people next to me (speaking German) were being checked-in. So I countered and I said I would go for lunch and would the room be available at 2pm? Maybe was the answer, so then I asked why for this hostile approach? I realise that the hotel was going to be full, since it was the start of a boat show there (I was not there for that). Anyway, I had my lunch and arrived just before 2pm, which not many pleasant words were offered by reception and I had my room. I was very surprised, at other times, the hotel staff have always been very friendly. I suppose it happens form time to time.

Apart from these two 'exceptional' employees on this day, the stay was good and I had an early train to catch on Monday morning at 6.30am. So this is almost a pleasure to wake up and to come out of the hotel and to be in the station already.

Another four star rating, the staff issue was hopefully just an one-off, just need for the Wi-Fi to be free now in the room, which is offered in Ibis Budget hotels.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Hyderabad, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

It have a good middle Class Standard and very centrally Location in Dusseldorf. There was a friendly Employee at eception and fast CheckIn. We spend 2 nights there and can say, that it is a clean and clam Place. The Location was good, due lost of Shops and Restaurants have been there not far away. Nice decorated Breakfast Buffet. Choices of hot Beverages have been good. Near Main Train Station.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hamburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I went here with a large group of tired students. This hotel turned out to be perfect for us. The booking process had been easy and staff have been helpful all the way. The rooms were very good, clean and comfortable. The hotel is central and the breakfast was very good with fresh fruit and veggies (ok, rolls could be better....) One student broke a vase and the nice lady from Ibis told us that it is was no problem. We are definitely booking this place next year again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Ibis Duesseldorf Hauptbahnhof? Share your experiences!