When I arrived at the hotel I mentioned that I have a reservation and the guy at the front desk inmediately spoke in some kind of tone:'we don't have rooms available'. I told him that I already made a booking and later on he asked for my name. From that moment on I thought that the service would not be as hoped, but I kept it in a thought. He also mentioned that I could check in at 3 pm so I kept my luggage at the hotel and went into the city. After a couple hours I went back and the staff at time were friendly and answered my questions so I was satisfied at that moment. The room overall is nice and clean just like all Ibis hotels. The next day I went back to the frontdesk and guessed what. The same guy who I spoke the first time was again at the desk. He was kinda busy with counting money and didn't even looked up to his guest and the first thing he said to me was;' we don't have rooms available.' He didn't looked up and let me finish or let alone start my question. I told him that I only wanted to aks if they maybe by any chance have an iphone charger. And unfortunately I got a big and in a rude spoken way NO. I was really mad and felt some racist attitude at that moment. This may sound dramatical, but it is what I felt that way. The same evening I went to another staff and asked him some information about their breakfast service. So he answered me €10 per person per day. I asked him from what time it starts and he rudely answered my question again with €10 per person per day. I was really really mad I and went up to the room. So my stay in this Ibis was okay for the room, but service was a huge dissapointment. The staff is really unfriendly especially on my first two days. They need to care more and smile often. I will never ever go to this ibis again and would never recommend this to anyone. The only good thing about this hotel is the location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ibis Dusseldorf Hauptbahnhof hotel is located in a central location close to the main railway station. Several fine restaurants and the famous KO shopping street are nearby. The Dusseldorf Convention Centre, the Exhibition Centre and the airport areall easily accessible by public transport. The hotel offers 166 airconditioned rooms and features a terrace area, a bar open 24 hours and WiFi Internet access to cater for guests on a business trip. Public pay parking is available nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, ACCOR, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Ibis Duesseldorf Hauptbahnhof reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Duesseldorf Hauptbahnhof Hotel
- Ibis Hotel Duesseldorf Hauptbahnhof
- Ibis Hotel düsseldorf