“Nice and clean room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Nikko Dusseldorf

You added Hotel Nikko Dusseldorf to your Saves list
Hotel Nikko Dusseldorf
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Immermannstrasse 41 | 40210 Duesseldorf, 40210 Dusseldorf, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany   |
Ranked #89 of 243 Hotels in Dusseldorf
Frankfurt
“Nice and clean room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

i Stayed One Short night. The Room was of decent size and i sleep well. The bed was big and comfortable. The Room Lacke character and The furniture looked Old but not worn.
Besides of The Lobby and The Room i did not See much of The Hotel.
Check-in and check-Out were efficient.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here for the New Year party down on the Rhine. Nice hotel, huge soft beds. Plenty of reasturants locally.

Dusseldorf old town is about a 20-30 min walk (I take it very slow!) and passes through the main shopping district of Dusseldorf too.

Didn't use the pool/sauna/massage facilities but they are all on the top floor.

Was very cheap considering we stayed 31st & 1st!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

we plan our trip to dusseldorf for quite sometimes and we book 4 night room at hotel nikko, we knew that its around the japan and korean neighbourhood with plenty restaurants. so we have a high expectation for this 5 star hotel brand, to cut the story short, we enter the basement parking and we cannot find any parking place in the level of the hotel lift entrance so go 1 level down below and we found one and to our surprise there is no lift directly to that floor we need to climb the stair with our luggages. now the front desk, i told the lady at the front desk my name and i got the reservation, without even look into her computer he asked for my passport and i already tried to give her my credit card with my name on it but she insist on my passport just to see my name not asking it nicely for security or whatever the front desk usually asked but for the sake of not wanting to look at my credit card and my name on it, i am still patience and go through with the process, she offer me a map and she forgot to give it to me after handing me the room key and i asked her if there are parking house nearby that cost less that the hotel parking which is 22 euro per day but if you paid with hotel it will cost 20 euro per day, after she told me there are no parking nearby so i just said, i will take the parking of 20 euro per day and it will cost me 20 euro x 4 night.

I got my room key and the parking ticket for 4 days and we went to the room, the room is average of 3 star hotel, not up to 5 star hotel and the amenity just old and this is really an old hotel room type and small.

after bringing the luggage, i went out from the hotel just for a smoke and i saw a big sign saying 10 euro parking per day and i went there and ask the guys if it is really 10 euro parking per day and yes this is correct. i can save 40 euro in total because of the front desk lady give me a wrong information, so i went back to the front desk and confronted the lady and she just not polite at all and told me she cannot do anything, i said i want to return the parking ticket, it was 15 minutes ago and she said this is not a hotel problem, the parking is belong to other company and it got me really angry and i asked to speak to her manager, but to my surprise again come another lady which not a manager saying the same stupid thing and not polite at all and i asked again for their manager.

after waiting for a few minute the manager come and saying also the same thing, i cannot return the parking and the parking office is closed and the hotel cannot do anything, this is really not acceptable, i just plead and saying "this is how you treat your guest?" and finally she said she will paid the parking for me from her own pocket and fine by me as long i can get out from their parking place, no word of apologise or sorry for giving me the wrong information but a hostile look like i am bothering their live.

i already thinking to leave the hotel at the moment but my wife told me to be patience and stay, so we stay. the second night the water basin in our toilet clogged and i phone the hotel cleaning service to fix it before we leave the room in the morning so in the hope when we get back the problem is solved, but to our surprise again, when we get back at 8pm the basin still clogged and no information saying anything, i called them again and they lady said its a weekend no technical people available to fixed the basin and offer us to switch the room.

all and all is bad experiences, don't trust the brand, trust your fellow traveller opinion in this forum and some hotel just not worth visiting. like this one.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

It's my first visit to Düsseldorf, and I'm very happy to have stayed at nikko hotel! The service was excellent, the rooms - very stylish, modern and new refurbished. The staff is very open hearted, warm and friendly. I loved the german breakfast with a wide selection of fresh food and drinks. I'm completely satisfied and recommended everyone to stay there. I will for sure be back again soon.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
HotelNikkoDUS, Manager at Hotel Nikko Dusseldorf, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Arus,

thanks for the great comment on TripAdvisor! My team and I are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcome you again soon.

Kind regards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Hotel Nikko is a great place to spend a weekend in Düsseldorf. Central location, nice atmosphere and amazing hospitality with delicious breakfast. I highly recommend hotel Nikko to everyone. I will definitely go back again.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Good afternoon Angeluque,

thanks a lot for rating Hotel Nikko Düsseldorf on TripAdvisor. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and especially the variety of breakfast items. Hope to see you again soon!

Kind regards
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Location of the hotel is perfect, within easy access to the Dusseldorf main station and a local U- Bahn. Plenty of nice restaurants and bakeries too!

Staff at Hotel Nikko Dusseldorf were very efficient in their job roles and spoke perfect English so it is not a problem if you don't know any German. They were all very friendly and were helpful when answering any queries.

We tried the teppanyaki restaurant in the hotel, despite pricey it was worth trying. Poor communication with F&B department as they were not aware that breakfast was included in our package but was quickly resolved with a phone call to reception everyday.

Both the rooms booked were very tidy and provided some toiletries, reception also kept stock of some products so not to worry if you forget anything. Housekeeping threw away my face towel, so was not particularly impressed with that.

We were unable to access the internet on a desktop computer as the reception couldn't find any valid voucher codes , and then we were told there was a fault with the computers - luckily we had mobile to use to check into our flights - but would have been easier to do on a desktop. We had to sit at the lobby bar to do it as Wifi in our rooms were poor - this need resolving as we live in an age where everything is done digitally.

I booked this hotel via the British Airways flight and hotel package.

Room Tip: If you don't smoke ask for a non-smoking room!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dear Y C,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Nikko Düsseldorf and hope to see you again very soon.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Why is it there? Düsseldorf has one of the biggest Japanese quarters in Europe. Why did I stay? My company made me.

Huge and impersonal and burning hot. Everything was up to standard but not my style. The Japanese their loved it.

Good little gym for free and pool which you must pay for.

I was also charged a huge transaction fee to pay with a UK card. Hotel has conference facilities and huge reception with a shiny Merc in it for show.

Culturally interesting as I have not been to Japan.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
HotelNikkoDUS, Manager at Hotel Nikko Dusseldorf, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear IamSnakes,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. So sad the style and design of our hotel couldn't fit your taste entirely. Anyway, we hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon!

Ken Dittrich (General Director)

Been to Hotel Nikko Dusseldorf? Share your experiences!