“Nice property within walking distance of the train station and the old city” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Nikko Dusseldorf

You added Hotel Nikko Dusseldorf to your Saves list
Hotel Nikko Dusseldorf
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Immermannstrasse 41 | 40210 Duesseldorf, 40210 Dusseldorf, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany   |
Ranked #94 of 243 Hotels in Dusseldorf
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Nice property within walking distance of the train station and the old city”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed at this property on business. The rates were reasonable, rooms were clean, european small. Ask for a newer room these are more spacious. Staff was incredibly helpful. The european style breakfast was a bit on the expensive side, they also had japanese choices. The old city is within easy walking distance, no car needed.

Room Tip: ask for a newer room which has been redecorated. all rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Cairo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Very Helpful staff.. Very good location near to restaurants ,train station &tram station.. Room was big enough for the two of us.. They have Japanese restaurant..
Not a long walk to all the pubs and restaurants in the altstat area (the old city)

• Stayed January 2015
HotelNikkoDUS, Manager at Hotel Nikko Dusseldorf, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Good Morning engie_elmor,

thanks a lot for rating Hotel Nikko Düsseldorf on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear that you obviously enjoyed your stay with us. Will you visit us again on your next stay in Düsseldorf? I hope so!

Until then I send my best greetings down to Cairo and wish you a pleasant day!
Western Ireland, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Nice staff, very clean and well presented, small enough rooms, good value. A better than usual boring business hotel I suppose. Didn't eat in the restaurant so can't comment on that. Good location in a Japanese enclave of Dusseldorf, with a few JApanese restaurants across the street. Convenient for public transport and a short walk to the very pleasant Konigsallee and Altstadt areas.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Hi Njtravel_Hound,

Thank you so much for your kind rating of Hotel Nikko Düsseldorf on Tripadvisor. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcome you again in the near future!

Kind regards
Ken Dittrich
(General Director)
Portlaoise, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here over 12th to 14th Dec visit dusseldorf yearly and stayed at different hotels this hotel ticked all the boxes room was spacious clean bathroom very nice .bar and reception area very nice and restaurant within.staff friendly overall a definite return to this centrally located hotel see you during the year.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
HotelNikkoDUS, Manager at Hotel Nikko Dusseldorf, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear mwchelsea,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to give us such a great review on TripAdvisor. I am glad that you could highly enjoy the stay at Hotel Nikko Düsseldorf and am already looking forward to your next stay in 2015.

Kind regards from Düsseldorf,

Lucerne, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

One night out in a Hotel in your own City:
Nikko hotel gave us a great time to surprise my lady! Warm welcome, great room, beautiful spa & pool on top floor overlooking our city.
The highlight: a relaxed high-end teppanyaki grill dinner at the hotel's best japanese Benkay restaurant.
Many thanks to Nikko and the great surprises... What a night & morning out ;-) highly recommended.

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear MrBjoernC,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and the dinner at our Teppanyaki Grills. Hope to see you again very soon!

Tasmania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

As a regular traveller to Dusseldorf, I decided that I should try a new hotel as the price of my usual one had spiked.

Looking at the reviews of this hotel, I saw a mix of good and bad and decided to contact the hotel about my concerns. Our email conversations put me at ease and I took the chance booking with them.

The location is only a 5 minute walk from the train station and only a short distance to the main shopping area.

When I arrived and checked in, I was served by a polite and friendly trainee; checking in was quick and efficient.

They have an unusual lift system where there is a control panel outside the bank of 3 lifts and you press the button of the floor that you want and it will tell you which lift to stand at to take you where you want to go.

I got to my room to find that it was a smoking room and I had made a reservation for a non smoking room, so returned to reception. When the trainee saw me she motioned to me to see her. I explained what had happened and she was embarrassed and apologised. She immediately rectified it and I went to my room.

The decor is aged (other than the reception and eating areas) and needs some renovations in new carpets etc but you could not fault its cleanliness.

One thing I liked about the rooms was that there was an empty fridge and not the overloaded and overpriced electronically monitored minibars that are the norm in most hotels. There are items which can be bought at reception if you want to or simply fill it with what ever you bring back.

I can never work out why the Germans like 2 single duvets on a queen size bed but as the room was warm there were no complaints about that and it seems a common trait in most German Hotels.

I saw a lot of complaints about the lack of English tv programs, but given you are in Germany I wasn't surprised and always come prepared with an Ipad of movies etc. I am usually not in the hotel to watch TV anyway.

Breakfast was a mix of classic German Continental of pastries, bread, cheeses and cold meats fruit, juices etc with a range of cooked items including eggs to order. The twist I enjoyed was the Japanese options particularly the miso which I enjoy. A large range of choice with friendly service made mornings very pleasant.

One day I returned to my room at about 4pm to find it hadn't been cleaned but the staff were on my floor cleaning rooms so expected it was a bad day for them and by 5pm it was done.

One of the jems to this hotel was a Raman Bar opposite the hotel which I went with at the suggestion of my German friends. There were many dishes which had been "germanised" but was very good, and the queue out of the door in winter is a credit to their service and food.

The ultimate question is would I stay there again. The answer to that is yes I would but I would also look at other hotels as well. It ticks all of the boxes of location, cleanliness,good bed, good breakfast etc but for me it lacks the warmth and friendliness I get at other hotels. They are very professional so cannot be faulted about that some just lacked personality.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Dear Nibzee,
thank you so much for you great and detailed review of Hotel Nikko Düsseldorf. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. I hope that you will choose us again for your next stay in our beautiful city.

Kind regards from Düsseldorf,
Dlugoleka, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Sapcious, spot clean rooms, quick, friendly and no-nonsense staff. Nice choice for breakfast menu as well as for room service. Only drawback would be slow wi-fi in the rooms - but that's really only thing that should be fixed given the price they charge for the night.

Room Tip: Go for the executive wing if you have the chance
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
HotelNikkoDUS, Manager at Hotel Nikko Dusseldorf, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear RushCall,
thanks for naming us the best choice in Düsseldorfs city.

Thanks a lot for rating Hotel Nikko Düsseldorf. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay in the city centre and look forward to welcome you again in the near future. Regarding the internet I would like to tell you, that our WiFi is currently the fastest free version on the Düsseldorf hotel market. Additionally, we offer the possibility to upgrade on a high speed version including VPN for only 9,90 € per day.

Kind regards
Ken Dittrich
(General Director)

Been to Hotel Nikko Dusseldorf? Share your experiences!