“Centrally located business hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Nikko Dusseldorf

You added Hotel Nikko Dusseldorf to your Saves list
Hotel Nikko Dusseldorf
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Immermannstrasse 41 | 40210 Duesseldorf, 40210 Dusseldorf, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany   |
Ranked #98 of 241 Hotels in Dusseldorf
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Centrally located business hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

A hotel that I would recommend for business travelers. It's central, clean and neat, and the staff are very efficient. For its large size, I was impressed that my individual needs were catered for. It's set on a street packed with Japanese restaurants, ideal for grabbing a late dinner after work.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
HotelNikkoDUS, Manager at Hotel Nikko Dusseldorf, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Hi Michael,
thanks for sharing your opinion on Hotel Nikko Düsseldorf on TripAdvisor. I am happy to read that you were entirely satisfied with your stay and hope to welcome you again very soon on your next trip!

(General Director)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here whilst attending the Medica conference. My colleague and I shared a room. When we arrived at 1pm our room wasn't ready and of course they had us booked sharing in a Queen bed even though I booked for two separate adults. When I explained we weren't sharing a bed we were offered to upgrade our room to an Executive room with 2 beds at an extra Euro90 per night. We did this. The room was very large by European standards however we each had only a single bed. This hotel does the bare minimum in terms of linen, toiletries etc, even the toilet paper was the el-cheapo kind. Our room was a sauna and the air-con didn't work. At approx AUD$1000 per night I won't be back anytime soon.

Dear Matt,

first of all thanks for taking the time to rate Hotel Nikko on TripAdvisor. We know that our guests expect a lot in booking a stay at our hotel. Anyway, I am sad that we couldn't meet your expectations. But please be assured that in calculating our prices we orientate ourselves at the local market standards.

Sao Paulo, SP
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Rooms are OK but price is over the roof for what it is, no space to seat at the reception, dark, half of the reception hall occupied by a car infini but no seats for guests!
Wireless access does not work with Macbook Air and they tell you that it is your computer (which I doubt) and OUTREAGEOUSLY expensive 25 € per device for 24 hours - can you believe it!

Dear jfdogon,

thanks for taking the time to rate us on TripAdvisor. I am unhappy to hear you were not satisfied with the internet access at our hotel. Anyway, I am glad to announce that with the beginning of the New Year, we will provide a free internet access to all our guests.
So, given these circumstances, you may wanna try coming back again in 2015?

Belfast, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Considering this hotel is in a large German city it is an incredibly poor one! It's one saving grace was Sebastian Vettels designed Infinity SUV. Lifts were out of order, Internet was so expensive it made it cheaper to use data roaming, and rooms were small. It's a decent walk to the main bar and restaurant area and this is worth doing! Zwei grosse bier, bitter! Don't stay here!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
hotel_nikko_dus, Manager at Hotel Nikko Dusseldorf, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Hi Rugbyfan1980,
considering the details of your rating, I can only assume that your stay at Hotel Nikko has been quite some months ago. We were renovating our lifts in summer, so there was a short time when they were out of order. But now they are brand new and highly effective.
Additionally I am happy to announce that we will be having free WLAN for all our guests starting with the year 2015.

Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I just checked in to this hotel after a very long light so this review could be a little skewed.... The room is small (tiny) but clean. I am staying for 5 nights - and wish I was somewhere else, it is all brown, run down but with areas that have been renovated. You can't sit anywhere or touch anything without being charged... so it is overall expensive and more of a 3-4 star hotel (not 5 star as claimed) by EU standards.
I don't know about anybody else but isn't it robbery to charge guests for wifi in addition to the cost of the room? Airports offer free wifi now and would have many more users. After having paid 25Eu for a full day of internet access, I am now outside my room in the foyer in the only "hot spot" that the internet actually works. Phones don't even have roaming in the rooms. Very disappointing. Overall I wouldn't recommend this as a destination hotel to people travelling to this town.

Dear Anna,

first of all thanks for taking the time to share your opinion on TripAdvisor, even though I am quite sad to see that you are disappointed with our - and by now: your - product. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you to feel more welcome, comfortable, at home with Hotel Nikko Düsseldorf. You may contact me any time at guestrelations@nikko-hotel.de.
I am looking forwad to your E-Mail!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The room was ok: comfortable bed (but the pillow not that good) and noisy surrounding. The breakfast is terribly expensive, 25 euro. And no free wifi. It was nice, but is it worth the 5 stars? But with a fair rate its still a good option to stay over the weekend.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Hi Dolf,
first of all thanks a lot for rating Hotel Nikko Düsseldorf on Tripadvsiro.
We know that our guests expect a lot in booking a stay at the Hotel Nikko. It’s our daily business and duty to fulfill or even exceed their expectations. Please be assured that in calculating our prices we orientate ourselves at the local market standards! Nevertheless I am very happy to announce that with the beginning of 2015, we will be offering free WLAN for all our guests in their rooms and in the lobby area. Also, with making a booking via our Facebook page we are currently giving out the breakfast for free!
Maybe this is a choice for your next stay in Düsseldorf?

2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2014

I don't usually write reviews of hotels I stayed in. However, I am so disappointed and upset by Hotel Nikko's internet policy that I feel I have to tell about it in the hopes that the hotel will review their policy. I am a serious business traveler. At least 3 weeks out of the month, I will be staying at hotels all over the world. I always have great experience in Nikko Hotels. So I chose to stay here when I have to travel to Dusseldorf. The check-in experience was great. Room was spacious and clean. Was told I have to pay to use the WiFi. Not expected but acceptable. Was told that I was only allowed 1 device per paid connection. Again, not expected but acceptable. What was NOT acceptable is that I am NOT allowed to log off from one device, and log on with another different device. I use 3 different devices. A laptop, a Tablet, and a smartphone. Does the Hotel expect me to pay 3 times to be able to use all my devices?! This is totally UNACCEPTABLE!! In this day and age, this policy of theirs is totally unacceptable. I will not be returning and will tell all my circle about it.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
hotel_nikko_dus, Manager at Hotel Nikko Dusseldorf, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Hi DaMinotaur,

first of all I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I am glad that you actually liked everything about the Hotel Nikko - except for the internet policy.
So sad that you substracted three points only due to that, even if you were happy with our front office statff and welcome and found our rooms spacious and clean.
May I tell you that beginning with the 1st January 2015 our hotel will be offering a free WLAN connection to all our guests? Hopefully this will sooth your anger a little bit - and maybe we will you again in the near future?
Many greetings from Düsseldorf,

(General Director)

Been to Hotel Nikko Dusseldorf? Share your experiences!