“25th Years of visiting Dusseldorf” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Nikko Dusseldorf

You added Hotel Nikko Dusseldorf to your Saves list
Hotel Nikko Dusseldorf
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Immermannstrasse 41 | 40210 Duesseldorf, 40210 Dusseldorf, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany   |
Ranked #88 of 243 Hotels in Dusseldorf
Wembury, United Kingdom
“25th Years of visiting Dusseldorf”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Having now visited Dusseldorf at the same period of the year, for 25 years, staying at a variety of hotels throughout this quarter of a century, last year and I repeated this year I stayed at the Nikko Hotel. I have found this hotel, for it's rating, very comfortable, well priced and the staff impeccably courteous and accommodating. The food, for me Sushi, is excellent and if requiring an alternative menu this is available both within the hotel and within easy walking distance of the hotel, it being sited within the centre of the City.

Room Tip: Book online, there are numerous options to gain the best price and ask to be considered for a free u...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
hotel_nikko_dus, General Manager at Hotel Nikko Dusseldorf, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Hi David,

sorry for the delay, but still I want to thank you for your overwhelmingly warm and kind review of our hotel. I actually shared your words with the whole team this morning, and all of them were so happy to hear such kind words.

I am looking foward to welcome you again in Düsseldorf!

Kind regards,
(General Director)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Johannesburg, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

How this hotel got a 5 Star rating is beyond my understanding.
Unfortunately I don't know the criteria that's used to earn a star, however I do know that the Hotel Nikko does not come close to many 3 and 4 Star hotels I've stayed in - never mind some superb 5 Star hotels - especially in The Far East.

From the moment I walked into the reception, it didn't feel as if I was in a superior hotel. The reception was basic and the rooms barely had the bare essentials.
On the first night I didn't even have a bar of soap and 1 or 2 towels were also missing.
If I wanted to use the pool at the hotel, I would have had to pay for it - ludicrous!

Doubt if I will stay at this hotel again - I believe there is much better value for money in Dusseldorf.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
hotel_nikko_dus, Manager at Hotel Nikko Dusseldorf, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear Mr. BigBert,

I would like to thank you for your stay in the HOTEL NIKKO DÜSSELDORF.

Please accept my most sincere apology for any inconvenience you might have experienced during your stay.

Rest assured Mr. BigBert that we are guiding consistently our employees at all times to provide the best of service and assistance to our guests.

Regarding the inconvenience with the missing towels in your bathroom, I would like to point out that we are really sorry and that this does not represent our hotels quality standards. Our Housekeeping Department started immediately with exactly detailled trainings after we had received your comment, to ensure that you and any other customer will receive the service you deserve and can expect from a hotel of our category.

Thank you very much once again for the time you have dedicated to share your experience. Rest assured that all Head of Departments here in the hotel nikko düsseldorf are striving for improvement towards our common goal to make you as our valued client feel comfortable and satisfied with our fantastic product.

Dear Mr. Big Bert it would be a great pleasure for me to inform you personal about all our different leisures to make sure, that you get the package you desire, beside to our normal standard rooms exklcuding everything, just to convince those who doesnt want to have extras, we have a bride range of 4 star superior services to fullfill all guest wishes.

Yours sincerely,

HOTEL NIKKO DÜSSELDORF

General Director
Nottingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I stayed at this hotel on the 21st/23rd Jan 14 travelling with a party of 16 on a business trip.

Everywhere was clean and tidy, the rooms lovely with excellent pillows and duvets, making for a good nights sleep.

Breakfast was great with plenty of choice.

Only 5 mins walk into the centre of town with lots of shops, cafes etc.

The only thing we did find was it took for ever to get a drink at the bar, but apart from that overall, it was good and I would happily stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
hotel_nikko_dus, Manager at Hotel Nikko Dusseldorf, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear GailNottingham,

Thanks a lot for your great rating!
Hope to welcome you again very soon.

With kind regards
Shanghai Region, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Hotel Nikko whilst on business in Dusseldorf. Facilities are well presented and very welcoming. My room was clean and well laid out and best of all they had Baked Beans for Breakfast! Being serious now, this was a great Hotel and I would stay again when in Dusseldorf.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Jam1er,
wow, thanks a lot for your kind compliments that I immediately shared with my team!
Hope to see you again soon!

With best regards
London, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Room was average, but had some nicer rooms in a Premier Inn! Very nice views if you are lucky enough to get a room facing out from the hotels and on high levels!
Had some problems checking in, was booked via British Airways and we were not booked in and took a few phone calls which took a while. Despite the spa and nice spiral staircase in reception (didn't see where it leads to) the hotel felt very average. The lifts are often have long waiting times and difficult to operate as sometimes it wants you to scan your key-card and sometimes it doesn't.
Everybody is friendly, always saying hello if you are in the lift with somebody. Extras like food, drink, wifi and some t.v is quite pricey. I have looked at room prices since we stayed and looks a lot more expensive or maybe we just got a deal.
Very good location!

Room Tip: Very nice views from high levels on the outer side
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

My husband and I stayed here on business but were disappointed to find that we had to pay extra to connect to the internet - if you want to log into your own business on a daily basis this could prove to be expensive.
After a hard day we went to relax in the swimming pool only to find they wanted to charge us 30 euros! 15 euros each for a 20 minute swim. Ridiculous. We booked this hotel because it had a pool only to find it wasn't included in the cost of our stay. We have never come across this scenario before.
Although the hotel is clean and generally the staff are friendly I reported that the cleaning staff had taken a specialist facial cleansing soap from the bathroom (quite probably by mistake) but no effort was made to replace it. Of course I could go and purchase another, which I did, but it would have been nice if the staff had made some kind of effort where as I felt the girls on the desk thought it quite funny.
On a more positive note the hotel is well positioned and was clean which is important but definitely would not stay here again. Very disappointing.

Doha, Qatar
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Average hotel/ok location/below average service/ poor management team. Stayed nights of 1st and 2nd jan for leisure; my wife left an expensive bracelet on the desk moments before checkout right after removing it from the safe. We realized about it only 8 hours later but it was denied by every one when we called numerously the hotel and its team. Being a hotelier myself, i can confirm that our case was not taken seriously, no one from the management bothered to call and try to help. the staff member who has stolen the bracelet is right now working somewhere in the hotel and maybe in your room.

Room Tip: ask for a view on the city
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Nikko Dusseldorf? Share your experiences!