We booked in this hotel into a 540 Euros suite because it was a last minute need.
We got a spectacular suite, way too much for what we wanted, but it was the only deal in town because of a fair.
Unfortunately the service level is not up to snuff for what you would expect from this hotel.
When we arrived I requested from Housekeeping a blanket and was told they did not have any (!?). Next morning I spoke with the receptionist who told me that of course they had and 5 minutes later it was in our room.
But the best story happened in the bar. My wife didn`t feel well and wanted a toast with butter and jam. The waitress said that this was impossible. It is interesting to know that there was a club sandwich on the menu which is toast stuffed with something. When I complained, the supervisor came and first corroborated what the waitress had said. Surprised I expressed my disappointment that a 5 star hotel can not manufacture a toast. The supervisor said he would see what could be done. After a while he came back saying that OK they could do it but it would take some time. After nearly half an hour a sandwich arrived with chicken, coleslaw and cucumber!
To the credit of the hotel , the director,who was hearing my complains to the receptionist, approached us and invited us to a coffee listening to what we had to say. The next evening we saw him and some other authority walking over and over the service areas looking at what was going on.
It is also worthwhile to mention that when you arrive a bottle of water for Euros 5,40 is waiting for you. Also you get free Wi- Fi, that expires every 30 minutes. Round the corner is the Breidenbacher Hof which not only gives you far better service and attitude but provides you with a room fridge with beverages free of charge, free water and a lounge with free coffee and drinks all day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Steigenberger Parkhotel at Konigsallee 1a, known in short as the KO, is one of the best hotels in Dusseldorf. Being situated only a few minutes away from the city's famous historic centre, the luxury hotel with its spacious rooms and exceptional service leaves nothing to be desired. And on the culinary side your palate will be pampered at the highest level. Fine dining with a view of the KO Bogen from the Restaurant Artiste, champagne and finger food in a trendy pub, the Steigenberger Eck, and the newest cocktails in the famous Etoile Bar. You can relax in the fitness and wellness area, or while jogging or walking along the Rhine terraces. The spacious, historical halls are the perfect location for high-class occasions such as weddings, jubilees and important conferences. The opera house, the theatre and museums such as the K21 or the Museum Kunstpalast are also located not far from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Venere, Priceline, Escapio, Hotel.de, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Steigenberger Parkhotel Duesseldorf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Steigenberger Parkhotel Duesseldorf düsseldorf
- Steigenberger Parkhotel Duesseldorf Hotel düsseldorf