“Excellent sea food restaurant” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fischhaus

Fischhaus
Berger Strasse 3, 40213 Dusseldorf, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany (Altstadt)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #126 of 1,386 Restaurants in Dusseldorf
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Altstadt
Plymouth, Minnesota
“Excellent sea food restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Seafood addicts will love this place close to the river, in the heart of Dusseldorf. The menu has lots of choice, the prices are acceptable, the wine list is long enough and the seating just spacious enough to allow for private conversations in a lively setting. The interior of the restaurant does not reflect the quality of the food. When I am back in Dusseldorf I am coming back in a heartbeat ;-)

• Visited April 2014

• Turkish first
Berkhamsted, United Kingdom
“Fish restaurant Dusseldorf”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

My colleague and I ate here on a Monday evening and it was very busy. We got a table for two without a problem and were given menus in English.

Decor is simple, but the focus is on the fish. There are tanks and also fish displayed on ice. Linen cloths on the table and waiters are smartly dressed.

We received complimentary bread which came with what I thought was ailioli, it was very nice. I then had a prawn starter with garlic and pepperoni, I would have liked more garlic but that is a personal opinion. Followed by monkfish with pasta and courgette. The portions were excellent, I wasn't able to finish my fish but it was all delicious.

I had some Sauvignon which was very nice.

I paid €40 for the above.

Service was quick and polite.

Visited March 2014
Barcelona, Spain
“Great food - be patient at messe peaks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

The fischhaus is a classic. Basic decor, fabulous food and really friendly service. In the middle of a messe - be patient, it's worth the wait.

We were a party of 8, beers kept flowing while waiting on an overloaded restaurant - the waiters never lose their cool - don't lose yours and everything will work out.

Highly recommended!

Berlin, Germany
“No appreciation of seafood or cooking”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Nice atmosphere, was so excited to come and had high expectations on food, especially given lovely display on ice.
Waiter was pleasant but so lazy and knew and cared little about food. Food came and was opposite from description. seafood was deep fried and inedible and service after pretty shocking

“Embarrasing situation”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Feb. 18th Despite the reservation made 6 weeks in advance, they let us waiting outside for more then half an hour. We were a party of ten, invited our clients for dinner and ended up waiting with over 25 persons (all with reservations) to be seated. Situation was completely out of control.
Nothing was done to either inform those waiting or making any form of excuse. They let all the guest standing outside in the cold. After more then half an hour we left, in search of a more hospitable place. For me and my clients never again the Fischhaus.

Visited February 2014