“Very pleasant, convenient hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Art of Comfort Hotel Haus Ingeborg

You added Art of Comfort Hotel Haus Ingeborg to your Saves list
Art of Comfort Hotel Haus Ingeborg
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Grengeler Mauspfad 79, 51147 Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany   |
Ranked #128 of 281 Hotels in Cologne
UK
“Very pleasant, convenient hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

I am extremely surprised by some of the bad reviews as I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of service and high standard of the rooms. Selected due to the close proximity of the airport and, surprisingly, transfer despite my requesting a 05.00 departure. As the cost of the transfer is included in the price, €61, I cannot understand why an earlier reviewer felt it was overpriced.
My single room was in fact a twin, with a balcony looking out onto outdoor seating in a small beautifully planned garden. The room had tea and coffee making facility, tissues, etc., in fact all the small but important "extras" which some hotels do not provide.
If you are wanting a central hotel this is not it but I certainly recommend it for an overnight stay close to the airport.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

A good all round experience if you need a place to stay near the airport for an early flight. Not many airlines fly from Manchester to Cologne/Bonn, but if you want to take advantage of a budget German Wings flight, this hotel is good if you are leaving early. The hotel is easy to find from the airport, you can actually walk there from the train station at the airport, with great links into Cologne and beyond. Staff were very helpful and pleasant checking in, and changed my room from a twin to a double with no problems. Clean room with everything you need including free wifi which was great. Even arranged a free transport to the airport the next morning. Not much else in the area as it is residential, but we managed to find a bar/restaurant within walking distance if you dont want to sit in the hotel. Good choice for a stop off if you intend to do some travelling in Rhineland.

Room Tip: Just make sure you specify the type of room. I ordered a double but got a twin at first, but they d...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Munich, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Other than it's location, 5 minutes from the airport and about 15 minutes from the Messe Cologne fairgrounds this place cannot be called a hotel. I stayed in a tiny single room (#234) that had a terrible mold smell.
Breakfast was very frugal and food was displayed in a way one does not feel like eating.
Checking in and out was very chaotic and unfriendly.
Definitely not a place to stay either on business or leisure.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This hotel had very friendly and helpful staff who went out of their way to help me with my requests. I was happy that they lent me a bicycle so that I could cycle into cologne central along the river Rhine (about 20km but a beautiful ride). Although the hotel is not in cologne central there is sufficient transport and it is relatively quick and easy to get into town. The neighbourhood is also very pretty.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Zürich
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

I made the reservation before reading the reviews on Tripadvisor and was a little scared after I found them before I could enter the hotel. However, my impression of this hotel is ways better than the other reviews seem to let expect. The directress is a friendly and debonair lady, always busy but even helpful by giving information or, if time allows, to take you to the S-Bahn. The hotel shows a familiar atmosphere, the rooms are clean and functional (fridge, WLAN, working desk) and the beds are quite comfortable. Well, if you have a loud neighbor, you will hear it in your room but that is still tolerable. The hotel has no restaurant and offers therefore no lunch or dinner. However, the breakfast is awesome, with various sorts of fruits, cheese, meat, juices and cereals. Nothing what you don't get. Close to the hotel there are a few restaurant. I tried the New Port, which offers excellent angus steaks. The hotel is most suitable for guests with an own car. But there is also a bus stop near by, which brings you in 10 minutes to the S-Bahn from where you can ride within 20min into the city. The airport Koeln/Bonn (incl. S-Bahn station) is 2.5 km away, it about an easy to reach 15 - 20 minute walk from the hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Holland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2008

Our travel agency booked two nights stay at this hotel because there was no other available in Cologne. The very same night my colleague and I checked in, we told the receptionist that we were not staying two nights but one, since our meeting was shortened. The following morning, after having spent the night in a overpriced (155 EUR!!!) tiny "suite" room (no other available?), and after a very poor breakfast, we were faced with 80% charge of a second night we never spent there. They were claiming the rules in the cancellation policy, but this was untrue. We refused to pay and the owner grabbed my bags to get them inside, I forced with her to have my bags back (it was a surrealistic situation, as you can imagine), and finally she calmed down. Police arrived and we had to pay the second night anyway... Now our travel agency is saying that they will give us the money back, but they confirmed that the hotel owner is unreasonable and will not give back the money... All over an appalling experience I wish no one has ever to endure. Hence, DO NOT EVER BOOK THIS HOTEL, NEVER! Avoid it at any cost!

• Liked — Nothing!
  • Disliked — Everything!
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Seabrook, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2008

My travel agent booked 3 nights at this hotel and we canceled after I had a room at my first choice (Zur Quelle - which was excellent) more than a day out as stated in the cancellation policy and they charged my credit card 80% of the 3 nights anyway saying their policy on that particular week was a ridiculous 14 days notice for cancellations. Our business does has a lot of travel in the area with a local agency so I had one of my German colleagues talk to them and they would not dismiss the charge even under the promise that 15 less people might be staying there in a month. Now I'm stuck with the hassle of protesting the charge with my bank.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled on business

Been to Art of Comfort Hotel Haus Ingeborg? Share your experiences!