“Best tour-guide ever” 5 of 5 stars

Munich, Germany
6 attraction reviews
“Best tour-guide ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

At first I wasn't quite sure that I wanted to take the tour, since my fiancee isn't a big fan of 'girly' stuff, but we did it anyway and we both ended up totally loving it!
Although the place is pretty small (there's the actual store on the ground floor, a room upstairs, and a couple of rooms in the basement), the amount of information they gave us was amazing, and quite interesting.
What made it worth the while was the actual guide, who spoke a perfect English, and who impersonated the late Johann Farina. Both funny and smart.
Plus we got two little perfumes at the end of the tour, so the tour actually costed only 50 cents. Awesome!

Visited August 2013

Dublin, Ireland
3 attraction reviews
“Enjoyed the whole thing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Very different experience! Had the chance to sample various types of fragrances and learnt so much about the industry as well as the history. The building itself is really pretty. The guide, 'Farina', was hilarious and thumbs up to him!

Visited August 2013
Hull
“Even for a guy, this is BRILLIANT !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We did the Farina tour because my girlfriend really wanted to do the tour, to be honest, I was sceptical...the tour starts in a small room upstairs and I thought I would have to see a boring talk on perfume...

BUT WHAT A WONDERFUL SURPRISE !!!

The tour guide was just amazing, interesting and whitty...he stayed in character whilst also being good at ad-libing]

an hour passed very quickly with truly interesting facts and stories.

I would say that anyone would enjoy it.

Visited July 2013
Baku, Azerbaijan
5 attraction reviews
“Unforgettable experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We decided to do the Farina house guided tour during our weekend in Cologne because it was so highly recommended by many people on Trip advisor. And we weren't disappointed at all! First, I have to say that we were lucky to have Louisa, an Italian guide (who did the tour in English) as our guide. She was so artistic and funny, making us laugh and literally feel the history of the famous Eau de Cologne. Ad of course the story of this first European perfume is fascinating by itself, and the part of the tour where we acted as "noses", trying different aromas and guessing their origin, was also an experience to remember. Highly recommend it!

Visited May 2013
Waterlooville, United Kingdom
“Interesting, informative and great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

This turned out to be much better than I thought it would be. We were given a 45 minute history of Eau de Cologne & tour of Farina House. Our guide, Luisa, was knowledgeable, enthusiastic and entertaining.
The tour is well worth the €5 price, especially considering that you are given an Eau de Cologne sample at the end of the tour, which retails at €4. You need to book your tour - ours was in the afternoon and we managed to book it the same morning. Each tour is limited to 20 people.
There are plenty of products for sale, but no pressure to buy.
I would strongly recommend a visit to Farina House.

Visited April 2013