There are a lot of small characteristic hotels in Cologne and plenty of fancy and expensive ones as well. I don't think of staying at chain hotels when I travel and certainly not a 'cookie-cutter' Mercure. But this one first drew out attention as it was in a very good location. Perfect for our needs. And for a very reasonable amount we could get a mini-suite which we really love to have since we can quickly make a mess of our room. We were 10 minutes from the three major Christmas markets we wanted to visit - Dom, Rudolfplatz and Neuerplatz - plus the clubs and spas we wanted to go to and there are a lot of nice bars and restaurants in the area. It hasn't made me a fan of chains or of Mercure in general but I can't wait to return to Cologne and I will reserve the same mini-suite again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Hotel Koeln City Friesenstrasse is a 3 star superior hotel with 103 rooms in the city centre, close to shopping centres, museums, the main train station and the cathedral (700m). It is located on the trendiest street in Cologne. Good transportation links to the trade show centre (4 km) and Cologne Bonn airport (18 km). The hotel offers great facilities for functions and conferences. There is also a restaurant, a lounge bar and a basement garage with 80 parking spots. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and ACCOR so you can book your Mercure Hotel Koeln City Friesenstrasse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Koeln City Friesenstrasse
- Accor Koeln City Friesenstrasse