I spent a week in Cologne during a trade show and had a great experience during my stay at the Mercure. The rooms were comfortable for a European hotel; there a some rooms with balconies (ask for those). The rooms on the street side could get a little loud weekend nights as Friesenstrasse is full of great bars and restaurants and a hotbed for nightlife. Since it was the summer I left my windows open and could hear the hum of music and revelry which didn’t prevent me from sleeping at all. The breakfast buffet is well stocked and well worth the price. There are a ton of options for food nearby so I didn’t eat dinner at the hotel. The hotel is a 10-15 minute walk from the Dom Cathedral/Centre City. There didn’t seem to be any air conditioning so leaving the windows open during the day/evening was a must during hot days.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Koeln City Friesenstrasse
- Accor Koeln City Friesenstrasse
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Hotel Koeln City Friesenstrasse is a 3 star superior hotel with 103 rooms in the city centre, close to shopping centres, museums, the main train station and the cathedral (700m). It is located on the trendiest street in Cologne. Good transportation links to the trade show centre (4 km) and Cologne Bonn airport (18 km). The hotel offers great facilities for functions and conferences. There is also a restaurant, a lounge bar and a basement garage with 80 parking spots. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Tingo, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Otel and Venere so you can book your Mercure Hotel Koeln City Friesenstrasse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.