“Great hotel :=))” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #69 of 281 Hotels in Cologne
Poland, Warsaw
“Great hotel :=))”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2009

Beautiful and clean rooms. Very nice servise and delicious breakfast. Wireless internet connection is another positive asspect. The only minus in that hotel is a far distance from center of Cologne but thanks to train and bus connection it's not so bad to get even on trades :=))

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Hull, england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2009

We chose this hotel because it was close to the airport for an overnight stay. We arrived late about 11pm when the reception was closed but had been given a key code in advance to allow us into the hotel. The owner was expecting us however and was waiting up to welcome us! He had a great sense of humour and made us feel very welcome. The rooms were huge with a mini bar and cooker etc like an apartment. The bathroom was spotless!! In the morning we were amazed by the wonderful breakfast, scrambled eggs and bacon cooked freshly for us, and the usual continental buffet with cheeses, meats, fruits, etc. It was a shame we didnt have longer to stay!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Clarence, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2008

Stayed here for one night in October. Arrived via train to the Cologne airport and called the hotel for a pickup. I had advised them prior to my arrival that I was coming and when I called they asked where I had been as I arrived a little late. I love that they were expecting me! They arrived within 6 minutes to pick me up at the designated pickup point. The drive to the hotel is approx 5-6 minutes. The hotel is in a residential area. I was meeting a friend for dinner downtown so I can not speak about the local availability of restaurants, etc. But, my room was fantastic. Small balcony, kitchenette, great bed, etc. The hotel has an atrium and garden that is lovely in the morning. Also, one of the best breakfasts I had on my trip. Loved the personal attention. I will stay here again for sure when I am in Cologne!

• Liked — Quiet location and convenient to the airport
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2008

I picked this hotel because it was close and convenient to the airport and had a great price. I was so happy that I did - it was clean, quiet, the owner extremely pleasant and helpful. I arrived mid afternoon and was directed to various restaurants within walking distance. In the morning breakfast was continental style in the dining room but eggs were brought made to order. I also found the check-in / out process to be very efficient. Altogether I was thrilled and would definitely stay again if I was leaving from Koln.

• Liked — Cleanliness, friendly staff
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
derbyshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2007

We were very impressed with this hotel starting with the prompt collection from the airport in the hotel's own shuttle bus (free). We had a very clean, light, spacious room with every facility we could want for our overnight stop, including a mini kitchen if we wanted to prepare snacks. The area was surprisingly quiet. Staff were very pleasant and welcoming and the breakfast was good. I would definitely stay in this hotel again if in the area.

• Liked — The welcome and cleanliness
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
Malta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2007

Stayed 4 nights here. Much better than you would perhaps expect for the price. Very neat and spacious room, spotlessly clean; excellent breakfast and very friendly owners and staff. Motorists: just off the motorway, turn right at the first traffic lights, then left after the speedtrap and left again after 200 meters.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2007

We booked this hotel for our final night before flying out. It turned
out to be perfect - nice room, wonderful hospitality and airport transfer. Would recommend!

• Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Airport Garden Hotel Karsten? Share your experiences!