“Upgraded again” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Cologne

You added Hilton Cologne to your Saves list
Hilton Cologne
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Marzellenstrasse 13-17, 50668 Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany   |
Special Offer
Save 33% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #18 of 281 Hotels in Cologne
Coevorden, The Netherlands
“Upgraded again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed in my favorite Cologne Hilton again and, as last time, got an upgrade to a very comfy room with a huge bathroom.
The staff is correct, nice and helpfull, checkin very efficient.
The hotel is very close to the train station, the Dom, the city center and an ideal place to stay when vistiting Cologne.
Parking space is expensive, but very close to the city center.
Only minor point I ever had was room service on my forlast trip; they took out the sardines from the salad, instead of bringing a fresh one that had never had contact to sardines. They did offer to replace and bring a new one, but I passed.
Breakfast is realy great European style, so nothing to be missed out on. US Hiltons should take over this style.
Whenever I go to Cologne I take this hotel, a very safe choice and always is a good place to be.

Room Tip: Never had a bad room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hilton_Cologne, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Cologne, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Coevern,
It will be always our pleasure to accommodate you at the Hilton Cologne. We appreciate that you chose our property every time you stayed in Cologne!
Regarding the incident you have experienced on your for last stay with us I would like to take the opportunity to apologize most sincerely. This is of course not the service standard we provide our guests. We definitely had to serve you a fresh salad instead of taken the sardines off. I will share this review with our head chef in order to avoid any reoccurrence in future.
It is a big compliment for us to read that you always feel most comfortable and enjoying your stay with us.
We are looking forward to your next visit.
Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Korean first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Really friendly and helpful check in staff, Went for the Christmas markets and the location is ideal, 5 minutes walk from the Main station and the Dom. Room of the standard expected from Hilton, very comfortable. desk staff were good for local knowledge and freely gave advice. If travelling to Cologne I would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear pompey7111,
We would like to thank you for choosing our property while visiting the Christmas Markets in town.
It is nice to read that you felt most comfortable and enjoyed your stay with us. You highlighted the high room standards as well as the helpfulness and friendliness of staff. I will share your comments with all of them. Thank you!
We are very much looking forward to welcoming you again at the Hilton Cologne.
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I have booked this hotel through the hilton website a few times and I must admit the prices are very reasonable always for this property. Being a hilton gold member they always upgrade me to very comfortable rooms but this property does not have an executive lounge which would have been good. Very convenient for travelers taking train connections as it is located within walking distance from the main train station. However during my last stay when I requested for a late check out, I was denied as the hotel needed to use the room for maintenance work. I should have been informed about this while check-in and thus was not so convenient. Other than that breakfast is great, rooms are big and spacious. Will definitely recommend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mickysingh,
We would like to THANK YOU for choosing our property anytime you are coming to Cologne.
We really appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton Hotels Worldwide shown by your HHonors Gold membership. I shared your nice feedback with our team member already.
It is great to read that you are always feeling most comfortable during your stays with us.
In the same breathe I would like to take the opportunity to apologize most sincerely for the inconvenience suffered due to the denied late check out. I am quite sure that we will find a more adequate solution next time your will be staying with us.
We are looking forward to your next visit.
Please feel free to contact me anytime if there is anything else I can do for you.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Came here from the Christmas markets. The hotel is located brilliantly- just a few moments walk from the train station and cathedral. Didn't have breakfast here (got a brilliant Internet deal), but there is a vey good cafe around the corner by the cathedral with fresh breads, sandwiches and pastries. The rooms were spotless and quiet and were well appointed- came with a kettle which for me is always a godsend! Staff were helpful. Would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Pobbiphus,

Thank you very much for choosing the Hilton Cologne while visiting the Christmas Markets in Cologne.

It is a big compliment for us to read that you felt most comfortable due to the ambience of room and friendliness of staff. I shared your positive comments with them already.

We are looking forward to welcoming you in future!

Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Steps from the train station and cathedral. Huge rooms and very nice. Got a great deal on the web, about 1/5 of the normal price.

We had room service for breakfast one morning and it wasn't exceptional - it was Xmas morning though! We checked out and I didn't check the bill carefully, they had added Parking Services of 84 euros. Very helpful staff in refunding the money and a reminder to check the bill before you leave, even at the Hilton!

Overall, a great hotel. Still wonder how these major hotels can charge so much for internet when it is free at most hostels and guesthouses.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hilton_Cologne, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Cologne, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear canadiann0mad,

Thank you so much for choosing the Hilton Cologne and for giving us such a high score.

It is nice to read that you felt most comfortable and enjoyed your stay with us so much.

In this instance I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced regarding the wrong parking amount charging to your room account.

Regarding the internet charges I am happy to announce that we offer our guests 8 hours free internet in our lobby.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back at the Hilton Cologne in the near future.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We recently stayed here on our annual Christmas maket trip to Germany.Travelling with parents that struggle with lots of walking we wanted a centrally located hotel, this one was certainly that. This hotel is close to the main railway station making it easy to get the main line to the airport and underground around Cologne, it also allows you to travel further afield.
It was also right next to the very impressive Dom!
There is a lovely Christmas market by the Dom and others only a short walk away, the main tourist office is located here too.
I have seen a few reviews which complain that the room sizes are small but we had 3 rooms including one for a single traveller and they were all more than adequate. I don't know if people are expecting American style rooms with 2 beds?
All 3 of our rooms were very clean and included tea and coffee facilities.
My only main issue, which is another common complaint is no free Wi-Fi, this is a common extra provided by most hotels now and even in coffee shops.
We got a really good deal on this hotel from Expedia which did not include breakfast which is approx €27 extra pnpp. We decided to visit a local bakery (Backerei) instead that serve freshly baked filled rolls, sausages and cakes and you can sit inside to enjoy with fresh coffee, this worked out about £25 for all 5 of us.
Would happily stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hilton_Cologne, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Cologne, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear Mezza79,

Thank you so much for choosing our property and for let us have your impressions.

We appreciate your kind feedback from your last stay with us and are very happy to read that you felt most comfortable and enjoyed the Christmas Markets which are close by so much.

I totally agree with you that the standards of room sizes in hotels in the US are not comparable to the European ones. Therefore I am very happy to read that you were totally satisfied with all three rooms you stayed in.

Regarding the breakfast I would like to bring to your attention that we always offer special rates including breakfast. In case you would like to book a room including breakfast next time there will be an additional price less than 27,00€ per person for breakfast.
It would be my pleasure to personally assist you with your next reservation. Please feel free to contact me anytime under michele.doehring@hilton.com.

It would be our pleasure to welcoming you back at the Hilton Cologne.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Nice hotel but i think you can get more from your money in other hotels around cologne. The rooms are very small, and there was an expensive charge for WIFI which should be free now as most people use it everywhere. We didnt dine in the hotel as it was considerably more to have meals included. Stayed in many hotels in cologne and feel some our better value and have better locations. Where the hotel is can be very lonely to walk to late at night, and is not encouraged.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hilton_Cologne, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Cologne, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear devanna90,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for let us have your feedback.

We really regret that you were not totally satisfied with the size of room provided. I would like to bring to your attention that we are offering different categories of rooms at our property with different sizes. It would be a pleasure for me to assist you with your next reservation personally to find a room which will achieve your expectations.

Regarding the location in the middle of the city centre I am very sorry to read that you felt it very lonely to walk since you can reach the cathedral Dom, the main train station and the shopping street within two minutes by walking.

We would be more than happy to get the chance of welcoming you back in future.

All the best,

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Hilton Cologne? Share your experiences!