“Very comfortable rooms, great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lindner Hotel City Plaza

Save Saved
You added Lindner Hotel City Plaza to your Saves list
Lindner Hotel City Plaza
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Magnusstrasse 20, 50672 Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany   |
Ranked #34 of 281 hotels in Cologne
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Very comfortable rooms, great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The hotel is located in the centre of Cologne, 15 minute walk to the dome and 5 minute walk to the area around the Brusseler Platz which has loads of cool shops, cafes, and restaurants. The hotel is quite luxurious, and staff are friendly and well trained. They do seem to be on a bit of a money-saving mission though, and our room key was handed to us in a basic envelope (so no key card with hotel name etc on it) and the registration form was a bad copy on flimsy paper. The bed in the room is super comfy, the bathroom is great with a good shower. We did not have breakfast but went around the corner to a simple cafe. We did pay a lot for the room as we were there for the IMM (very important exhibition), I guess you can get good rates in the weekend and I would definitely recommend it then for leisure travel as well.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

345 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Veendam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

My wife and I stayed in the Lindner Hotel City Plaza in January 2013. It's a nice hotel. Good beds, nice room (a little bit dated) and good service. The breakfast is very good. Lots to choose from. Parking at the hotel is quite expensive. We parked our car at the parking garage opposite to the hotel. The daily rate is 12 euros, but you can get a parking ticket there for 18 euros for 48 hours. Just ask the guy at the parking garage. With this ticket you can drive in and out the garage whenever you like.
There is a Starbucks nearby as well as many restaurants. Subway-station is a two-minute walk away.
We also bought a Welcome Koln Card. With this card you can ride the subway for 24 hours and you get lots of discount on restaurants, museums etc.
When staying in Cologne be sure to visit the Dome, eat at Pizzeria Piccola L'Originale (cheap and good) and visit the Chocolate Museum.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

The hotel is centrally located, and everything was within walking distance. as for the service, it was quite good. The room was clean and equipped with hair dryer, very convenient for travellers from other continent. I booked through Expedia and shared with a friend. It was a very good deal for a four-star hotel.

• Stayed January 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I stayed at the Lindner Hotel City Plaza in Cologne, Germany, during December, 2012. Overall, I was satisfied with the stay, especially considering the price. I got a deal on the internet and paid less than $100 for a weeknight stay. The front desk staff spoke English, which was helpful. The room was quiet and clean and the bed and linens were very comfortable. Some other reviews said the bathrooms very outdated, but I thought the bathroom was very clean- perhaps they were referring to the fact that the colors were a bit outdated. The location of the hotel was excellent. It was about a fifteen minute walk to the Dom area, and there were lots of restaurants, coffee shops, and shopping near the hotel. I gave this hotel 4/5 for two reasons: the heating and the shower. We tried to adjust the heat level a few different times during our stay, but even after turning it completely off, our room was still very warm. We resorted to opening the window, which brought down the temperature, but was noisy in the early morning hours when we were trying to sleep. I'm not sure if this is a problem throughout the hotel, or if there was just something wrong with our room. Additionally, the shower temperature was not consistent. The water would turn from warm to cold to hot while running. The shower was not horrible, but not relaxing. We did enjoy the pool club while staying. Just a few tips- we parked our car in a parking garage directly across the street from the hotel, and only paid 15 euros for the overnight parking. Also, breakfast at the hotel was very expensive, but there are several bakeries and coffee shops in the area offering alternatives, which we opted for. Overall, I felt we got what we paid for- mostly a good experience, with a few hiccups. However, when under $100 for the room, we didn't expect a $200/night experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Keflavik, Iceland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed in Lindner hotel the weekend 16-18 Nov 2012, it was my fourth time there and I always get such a warming welcome when I get there and the service there is outstanding. It is also nice to see allot of the same employees over the years 2006-2012. I always see the same cleaning lady, older lady that puts all her effort into her job and cleans the hotel like it was her home.
I also want to compliment one employee there, I had shopped some winter shoes for my daughter a Shildergasse but when I got to the hotel I noticed that the shoes did not have the same number. All the stores had closed so I decide to ask if I could leave the shoes at the lobby and when I would get home I would contact the shoe store and ask them to pick up the shoes and correct this mistake, since it was their mistake. To my surprise the Manager did not want to talk to me unless I would speak German. So I e-mailed the hotel to tell them to throw away the shoes, or give them to someone that would need some new shoes (that could go himself and change the shoes) but then an employee from the hotel calls me and offers to go to the store herself when she would finish her night shift and change them for me. I just think that was so selfless and thoughtful, to be going out of her way to do this for me. It just warmed my heart and it shows how dedicated and good employees you have. I would recommend Lindner hotel to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Munich, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Centrally located with large conference facilities. Food is good in general. Very friendly service Rooms and baths are old and need renovation, the spa is very old and also needs renovation. Also the Spa closes at 9 p.m. which is too early. Wifi costs € 14 per day (far too much)!

Room Tip: rooms on the 6th floor are more quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Adelaide
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Although it would have been nice to have been closer to the Cathedral (it is only 15 mins slow walk away) the area that the hotel is situated in is worth it. Losts of shops, cafes and night life.
The room was spacious, only some noise when you open the windows, and the facilities were good. I really enjoyed the atmosphere of the area.
There is a little cafe just one minutes walk away that has a lovely breakfast buffet for Euro 6.95.
The walk to the station was easy and the people are nice.
There is a taxi rank outside the hotel (less than Euro 5.50 to the station with luggage).
I would consider going back there again if in Cologne.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Lindner Hotel City Plaza? Share your experiences!