“After 8 times still the best hotel in Cologne...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dom Hotel Koeln

You added Dom Hotel Koeln to your Saves list
Dom Hotel Koeln
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Domkloster 2A, 50667 Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany   |
Ranked #28 of 281 Hotels in Cologne
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Enschede, The Netherlands
“After 8 times still the best hotel in Cologne...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2010

The hotel keeps on staying the best there is... Stayed here now 8 times, and haven't had one bad experience in this hotel.

The front desk is absolutely the friendliest I have seen in hotels. It is never to much to ask anything, and they will do everything in order to help you.

Stayed last time in room 106 (Peter Ustinov Suite) during Xmas period in Cologne with a nice Xmas-market right in front of the hotel. The location is in the middle of the center, so other Xmas markets can be visited easily as well...

Definetely always my hotel in Cologne!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
DomHotel, Manager at Dom Hotel Koeln, responded to this review, December 13, 2010
Dear Mr. RobbertS,

Another wonderful review that we received by you via Tripadvisor and it is again reason for us to count us among the happiest hoteliers in Cologne. We appreciate very much that you regularly stay at our hotel and are always pleased to see you. We are thrilled to welcome you soon again!

Best regards from all the Dom Hotel team and wishing you wonderful holidays,

Juergen Sziegoleit

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Wigan, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2010

We stayed at the Dom Hotel for 2nights whilst visiting the Xmas markets in Cologne. The best thing about the hotel is the location, as well as being situated right next to the jaw dropping Cologne Cathedral, everything from shops, bars, restaurants and tourist hotspots are within walking distance. We also got the hotel for around £100/night with breakfast included which isn't too bad for a 5 star hotel in a prime location.
The hotel itself is immaculate, the rooms aren't overly huge but are very clean and have everything you would need for a short stay, as well as the extras you would expect from a 5 star hotel. The hotel employees are also very friendly and eager to help with any concerns you may have, couldn't compliment them enough.
We didn't eat at the hotel restaurant Le Merou, basically because it was a little overpriced in my opinion and Cologne has an array of brilliant eateries, especially the traditional German Bruhaus found all over the city, which are much better value.
All in all we had a brilliant time in Cologne and at the Dom hotel, couldn't recommend it enough. One thing I would say is don't order a taxi through the hotel. They must have their own private taxi company and we were charged almost double on return to Koln Bonn airport. The driver charged us 50euros for a 15min journey compared to 24euros we paid from the airport to the hotel at the beginning of our trip.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
DomHotel, Manager at Dom Hotel Koeln, responded to this review, December 10, 2010
Dear danyelle1986,

Thank you very much for grading our efforts with such high marks. It was a great pleasure for us to have you with us.

The history of the Dom Hotel dates back to the year 1855. Due to this fact and due to missing space, any room differs from another. All our rooms have different sizes that are beyond your sphere. But maybe you noticed the structural works happening just next to our house where we are constructing bigger sized luxury new rooms for our guests. I would appreciate if you would contact us directly prior your next time in Cologne so that we could reserve you a very nice and bigger room.

Concerning the taxi prices I contacted my staff at the Front Desk as your comments did really astonish me. They informed me that the normal taxi price to get from or to the airport to or from the hotel is about 20 to 30 Euros depending on the traffic. According to the reception staff, special taxis, i. e. limousines, are only ordered on the guest’s request. I am sorry if your demand to take a common taxi has not been considered. Be assured that I spoke to my staff so that inconveniences in such way won’t occur anymore. Anyway, the way from or to the airport always takes about 30 minutes by car.

We would be very happy to see you again. Happy Holidays!

Best regards,

General Manger
Phoenix, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

My husband and I spent out 2 year anniversary at the Le Meridien Dom Hotel. It was incredible! After a long drive in we were greeted by Patrick who was so professional and gracious. He wished us a happy anniversary, but didn't tell us about our incredible room, I think he wanted us to be surprised. We walked in to an anniversary welcome amenity and the most beautiful room. It was extremely spacious and well appointed. We opened the blinds to the most incredible view...our room overlooked the front of the hotel, right outside was the Dom. I was able to stand outside on a little Juliet balcony and take pictures with the Dom right behind me. It was an ideal location! Dinner the first night was right across the way at Fruh and we spent the rest of the trip wandering the Alstadt area. Chris the concierge was also extremely helpful. The housekeeping team was delightful as was the rest of the staff. The bathroom was incredible too...heated floors!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
DomHotel, Manager at Dom Hotel Koeln, responded to this review, November 12, 2010
Dear „eliz933“,

Greetings to Phoenix!

How can my team not smile when we have such nice guests?!

Thank you so much for this fantastic, wonderfully written review. We certainly put great emphasis on service. A personal and friendly service is one of the most important factors of a good hotel. It is such a pleasure to hear that your stay could not have been better and you enjoyed your time with us. We also enjoy the time that we spend with our guests and I think this is one of the most important facts to deliver personal, friendly and outstanding services. And it’s the service that makes the difference!

We hope to see you again next year celebrating your 3 year’s anniversary in Cologne! And hopefully you will include our hotel in your travel plans. We would love to see you soon again!

Best wishes for you and your spouse,

Woodmere, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

Beautiful hotel, very clean and the service was amazing. The junior sweet has a lot of room. the bar is great and the people in the hotel were very helpful from the second I arrived. Location is the best. I recommend it very highly.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
DomHotel, Manager at Dom Hotel Koeln, responded to this review, November 5, 2010
Dear „egellman“,

Thank you for your generous review and friendly commendation. I have already shared your feedback with my hotel crew and they were very happy about your nice words. Comments like yours are the best reward for our work.

We all look forward to seeing you soon again!

Best regards,

Kuwait City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

I arrived to Cologne by train so this hotel was perfect. It was just across the cathedral from the train station. When I arrived the reception staff were expecting me and I was in my room in less than 10 mins.

The rooms feel a bit old and worn and also the bathroom but it was clean.

The breakfast (which was included in my package) was great. They had a chef available that would make any type of eggs you fancied in addition to the buffet selection.

The hotel is near the start of the shopping street and the old town so it had the perfect location for me.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
DomHotel, Manager at Dom Hotel Koeln, responded to this review, October 18, 2010
Dear Cryptonium,

Thank you so much for your compliments and very positive feedback about our property! We are glad you were able to enjoy the best of our location and go easily into town with all its shopping and sightseeing facilities, and will of course not miss to forward your positive impressions to our teams.

We hope you had a pleasant journey back home and look forward to welcoming you upon your next visit! Whenever there is anything we can do for you, please let us know.

With my very best regards,

Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

this was our 'splurge' hotel during our trip to Germany this fall and it was truly worth it! after checking in we had to return our car to the rental agency. when we asked for help finding our drop-off point on the map, the concierge was kind enough to arrange that the agency pick up our car in the underground lot instead of having us driving through downtown cologne on a saturday afternoon to find our drop-off point. this was a god send as we had just spent a little under an hour trying to find the hotel and a decent parking space. this alone was worth having booked at The Dom. on top of this wonderful service we had a lovely room overlooking the old brewery. the location of The Dom is second to none - you're so close to the cathedral it's easy to pop in for a second (or third) look if you're so inclined - we were as it's just hard to take your eyes away from the cathedral. the breakfast was included and was really very good - it included hot food as well. the front desk staff were all so friendly and welcoming and were happy to provide directions to the sites and restaurant recommendations. we would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Saskatoon,

I was very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and that you consider it as your most memorable one here in Germany. That is such an honor for us!

Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise. Be assured that I have forwarded your comments to my team, especially to our Front Office staff that was so happy to read your feedback. Also, thank you very much for the time you have taken to share your words on this website.

If your travels bring you back to Cologne, please do not hesitate to contact us directly in order to assist you with your reservation. We would be most happy to make your stay enjoyable!

With my best regards,

San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights with a baby and a toddler. When we arrived our room wan ready for the kids: the bed for the baby and even kids' soaps in the bathroom. The room was very clean with a very nice and comfortable bed. We had a dome view, though we did not request it. The breakfast was ok, but I would not pay for it if it was not included. They have a good set of TV channels on TV in any language also. Definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
DomHotel, Manager at Dom Hotel Koeln, responded to this review, October 14, 2010
Dear Sophien,

Thank you very much for your splendid commentary. I am happy to hear that you were pleased with your hotel room and our services. We always try – depending on the room’s availability - to upgrade our guests so that they are able to enjoy the amazing view to the Cathedral.

We would love to see you soon again.

Best regards to San Francisco,

Juergen Sziegoleit

Been to Dom Hotel Koeln? Share your experiences!