“Maredo is my favourite chain of restaurants in Germnay and Austria” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Maredo

Maredo
Dompropst-Ketzer-Strasse 9, 50667 Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany (Altstadt-Nord)
0221-134798
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #496 of 1,732 Restaurants in Cologne
Cuisines: Argentinean
Good for: Entertaining clients, Doing business, Families with children
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Altstadt-Nord
Limassol, Cyprus
“Maredo is my favourite chain of restaurants in Germnay and Austria”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Maredo is a recipe of success!!!

No matter to which of their branches you visit, the food is equally good and the service is top class.

Being a meat lover, this is my kingdom! Till now my order was simple; a salad from their generous buffet as a start, followed by 2 ramp steaks (huft steaks in German) as the main course. Of course, I always have a ho apple pie with vanillas ice-cream, as my dessert.
Lately, I found out that the lamb fillet is superior to the beef equivalents, so I have switched to 2 portions of lamb steaks as my main dish.

During our last visit there, to the branch next to the Hilton i Cologne, I had a nice surprise. The waitress when presented the bill, she hand wrote a thanking note for visiting Cologne and Maredo!!! How nice of her. This is an example of simple personal touch, rendering a visit to a place/restaurant/hotel memorable. Well done!!!

By the way, I forgot to comment on the bill. Well, compared to the quality, variety and quantity of food consumed, Maredo is for me the most "value for money" restaurant in Continental Europe.

Visited February 2012

• Turkish first
Camberley, United Kingdom
“Dreadful experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Went to this restaurant in December and the service was absolutely appalling. The restaurant was busy, and the staff seemed either disinterseted or overwhelmed. The waiter who took our order didn't write it down, and despite a couple of gentle reminders and a query as to where our dinner was an hour later, we were met with blank looks but no food. Enter the Manager who stated they were busy - impressive - and offered us a free visit to the salad bar, a nice touch but not what we wanted when it was minus 5 outside. Eventually the food arrived, the chicken my wife ordered had been reheated so many times it was inedible, in fairness my steak was fine but the evening was ruined. To summarise - no customer care, no quality, no idea, I would suggest one of the numerous other restaurants available.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

This is part of a chain but is well placed and the food is good.

Although asked for the steak to be well done it was not doen enough for my taste but having said that it was tender and tasty.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Halstead, United Kingdom
“Good Food Pity About The Waitress”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Excellent value for money food. Go for any of the steaks served on a hot sizzle platter - they are really tender and juicy. English menu available and staff speak excellent English. Waitress was attentive whilst we ordered the meal and wine until we asked for a jug of "tap"water, This involved a huge effort on her part to provide, but eventually it did arrive. If only restaurants in the UK and Europe adopted the American way of supplying ordinary water with the menu. Despite this would go back for a meal again.

Visited November 2012
“Bad service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

With a party of 10 guys we went here to have some steaks and beer....Half of the group got awful prepared steaks, beers took long, extras not possible. Plates weer still on the table when we got served coffee. Manager not able and not willing to give us a satisfying solution for these events!!!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere