“EXTREMELY BAD SERVICE AND LESS THAN BASIC MENU” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Jaipur

Jaipur
Marzellenstrasse 50-56, 50668 Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany (Altstadt-Nord)
+49221137322
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #529 of 1,786 Restaurants in Cologne
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Altstadt-Nord
manchester
“EXTREMELY BAD SERVICE AND LESS THAN BASIC MENU”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I wish I had read these reviews before we went to this restaurant on 12/12/2012. We stood waiting to be seated but nobody came, so we went up to a waitress who spoke to the man behind the bar, after some mumbles we were shown a table. The bar by the way was littered with dirty glasses. We asked for a cider and shandy and the waiter looked blank at us. So we ended up with a sprite and a beer. There was no poppadums, onion bhaji or kurma curry (for my friend) on the menu. One glass was dirty so I returned it only to be given a wet glass which the bar tender couldnt be bothered to dry first. Having requested poppadoms as you would being in an Indian restaurant, these arrived straight out of a packet and had been burnt black under a grill. These were returned as well. We asked to speak to the owner who told us ( Madam I have worked in this restaurant for 19 years and this is authentic food from where I come from) Well sorry but this owner needs to do some homework, or retire and do something else because he couldnt care less about his customers and has lost all interest in my opinion. If I can save one person from wasting their money in this place then I will be pleased as there are a number of very good restaurants in Cologne but this is not one of them.

Marian from England

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Arnhem, The Netherlands
“Arrogant service & Poor food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Quick summary:
1) Not family friendly
2) Slow / inconsistent service
3) Poor food

We arrived with our daughter at opening time, so not especially busy. Asked for a high chair which came along, but overheard the staff complaining to each other about our pushchair. It wasn't in the way and they didn't ask us to move it, just mnuttered to each other about it.
The whole experience made us feel very unwelcome - which is why I don't understand why they had high chairs?!

Drinks order taken, but arrived after 3 other tables received their drinks (having arrived and ordered after us). Then wrong drinks arrived.

Main course came within 2 minutes of starters. Nothing was cleared away properly and there was no space on the table.

No engagement from the staff, plates and food placed in any gap on the table, no eye contact, little courtesy.

Happy to take orders for food not on the menu, we did this for two dishes - both were poor:
Sag Aloo was extremely spicy - way over the top than what we expect.
Onion Bhaji was basically deep fried onion rings - if I want that I'll go to Burger King (and wish we had).

Poppadums tasteless.
Naan bread arrived ripped up, dry and very flat.
Best thing was the rice.

We wil go to Cologne again - we will never go here again.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Food was decent service was ok ok..!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I was looking for some Indian food in Cologne and discovered this decent Indian restaurant. They had good variety both veg and non veg. I had vegetable pakodas and veg biryani. Veg biryani was very good indeed..! Overall the food was nice and ambience was also good. The service was not so great and they were quite slow and unresponsive..Worth a try if you don't bother about service and just want to have good Indian meal..!

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Las Vegas, Nevada
“very bad service. delicious food though!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

The food is delicious. But service is poor. In particular, if you are there for to-go order, they hardly care for you! It is a shame that they serve good food but their service is soooo repulsive!

Visited October 2012
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“The worst experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I have been to this restaurant many times over 10 years whilst in the city on business with colleagues. At first it was great but we all had a very bad experience on one occasion, food took over an hour to arrive and then it was cold and uncooked, also the service was terrible and there was a mouse running around inside. We all decided to avoid the place like the plague for a few years but decided last year to give it a try again, this wasn't bad but it wasn't great. Anyway we went again recently and it was the worst experience I have ever encountered, we were served warm beer, waited an hour for the food to arrive, only to find this was our main course, they had missed the starter out altogether, the main course was left on the table for a further 10-15 minutes under a tea light whilst they provided the starters, these arrived partially cooked, after this we ate our main course which was now cold after being left on the table for 15-20 minutes. The staff laughed out loud when they delivered the starters and didn't appear bothered at all. If we were at home we would have refused to pay as it was that bad. If you're reading this do yourself a favour and avoid this place. We will never be going again.

• Visited September 2012