“Mixed impressions - but the best cheesecake in the world” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Los Flamencos

Los Flamencos
Brabanter Strasse 1, 50674 Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany (Neustadt-Nord)
0221 / 51 41 14
Improve this listing
Ranked #884 of 1,729 Restaurants in Cologne
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Neustadt-Nord
Germany
“Mixed impressions - but the best cheesecake in the world”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We left the Restaurant with mixed impressions.
Well, generally it was a good evening, atmosphere and decoration nice and the prices were as you would expect them. We shared Tapas, a salad and a selection of three deserts.

Tapas: Quite good, not spectacular, but met my expectations
Salad: Disappointing, they did not bring the salad we ordered and the salad looked like the salads you get in a bad cefeteria and it tasted like that as well
Deserts: Average ice cream, good crema catalana and: the best cheesecake in the world.
Really. My colleague and I have both eaten a lot of cheesecakes in our lifes and we agreed it was the best we have eaten so far! So if you go there try the cheesecake!

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Wellington, New Zealand
“Cuban Style”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

This is a nice restaurant just off the main restaurant strip on Hohenzollemring. It was consistently busy which to me is always a good sign. Food was very good with a good selection of Central American style dishes. There were a good number of sea food/non-meat dishes which is often hard to find in Munich. The staff were friendly though were a little slow in offering service.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lelystad, The Netherlands
“Very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

If a Spanish restaurant is frequented by Spanish expats that has to be a good sign. And it is! This is a very nice restaurant. I’ve been there over a dozen times and each time it was great. I’ve never sampled the main courses, though, since the tapas are way too tempting…
Try the camarones al ajillo and, for the brave at hearth, try the riñones al jerez (if you do have to know what that is: it’s kidney in sherry sauce). Awesome!
Staff is really friendly, and extremely attentive, but they keep their distance. Only if you try to speak a bit Spanish they’ll thaw up and, for instance, tell you where they’re from (Andalucía, Spain).
Meanwhile they recognize and welcome me as a regular guest and, automatically, come up with my preferred whine and, jokingly, guess my tapas choice. Which makes me feel really at home.
In Michelin phrases: it’s worth the detour! And, yes, prices are very affordable.

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Finland
“Nice place, very good food and excellent service. I visit this restaurant every time I'm in Cologne !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2009