“Clean & Simple to the point” 3 of 5 stars

Got a photo?
Add it.
You added Wald Cafe Hotel to your Saves list
Wald Cafe Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Am Rehsprung 35 | Holzlar, 53229 Bonn, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany   |
Ranked #22 of 79 Hotels in Bonn
Istanbul, Turkey
“Clean & Simple to the point”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Mine was an overnight business trip so, I checked in at 8 pm and left the premises at 10 am. So here we go, the staff in very welcoming an nice. The room was clean and tidy, relatively new and orderly. Spacious as well. I costs around €12-€14 to get to Bonn centrum from the hotel. All was wine except breakfast was not satisfactory.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Somerset
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I've heard good things about the hotel, unfortunately my own experience was such that I walked out first thing on the first morning of a four night reservation.
I had arrived at 11.30, and was given the door key and shown how to open the door. No info about the layout or facilities. Just got to bed when a loud electro-mechanical hum of a pump or compressor or similar started (sounded like a large refrigeration unit). After 15 minutes of this I dressed and went to reception - I was aware of the noise there too. I told the man at reception who was seriously disinterested and suggested that as no-one else had complained it was my problem. After persisting he showed me another (much smaller) room, but as the noise remained there I declined the change. He refused to investigate the noise. I noted to him that in that case I would be leaving in the morning and if the noise continued to keep me awake I would not expect to pay.
The noise persisted from 11.55 until 1.05, about 3am until about 4am and from 5.30 am onward, so minimal sleep.
I turned on the hot water tap for the bath - and with the water gushing the tap top came out of the wall, leaving me no way to stop the flow. With no-one now at reception I had to advise the breakfast waitress, who was friendly and helpful. She found someone who was able to at least stem the flow. The duty manager arrived after a while, shortly before I left. I explained the situation to her (and got the same response that it must be my problem). I reiterated my expectation not to pay and got a cursory nod in response, after which I left the hotel
I was very surprised to find that the card against which the room was reserved had been charged. Apparently because I had used the room - it appears that being provided with an environment in which one can sleep is not a consideration here.
Outside (7.15 am by now) the sounds were of birdsong and nothing else, in fact the reason to book this hotel in the first place was the quiet location. Such a pity that I was unable to enjoy the experience. For anyone accustomed to ongoing noises wherever they live there probably would not be an issue here, but that is not my situation. The determining factor however was the attitude of firstly the man on reception in the late evening after my arrival and secondly the duty manager in the morning.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HOLLAND
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

Friendly staff. Our clean room supposed to be 18 square meters which it was but it included the ( nice, new) bathroom and little corridor to our room. Sleeping area was small, maybe 10 square meters .
Nice restaurant with view to the garden, good food, nice breakfast buffet.
Nice area to play a little card game in the evening.
Nice, quiet overall atmosphere.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Reykjavik, Iceland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

A price worthy hotel that has a very good service. Good food at a decent price.
Quiet and nice area.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to Wald Cafe Hotel? Share your experiences!