“Great Hotel in Bochum Germany” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Bochum Stadtpark

You added Courtyard Bochum Stadtpark to your Saves list
Courtyard Bochum Stadtpark
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Klinikstrasse 43-45, 44791 Bochum, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Bochum
Huntington Beach, CA
“Great Hotel in Bochum Germany”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

I had the opportunity to spend five nights at the Marriott Courtyard Bochum Stadtpark in Bochum Germany mid November while traveling for business. Every aspect of my stay was perfect.

The hotel is located in a city park and is very quiet. My room, #306 was on the top floor (4th level actually – designated in the elevator as “DG”) and was probably the quietest room that I have ever stayed in. I never once heard any noise or another quest. I really appreciate a quiet room.

My room was large as compared to other rooms that I have experienced in Europe. The furnishings were similar to other Courtyard hotels that I have stayed in with a very comfortable king-size bed that had electrical outlets easily accessible on the headboard.

There was a mini refrigerator in the room as well as an electronic safe in the large closet. An iron and ironing board were also in the closet.

The desk was a two-level affair in which the lower level would pull out and was angled so that you could easily watch TV also. The TV was a flat-screen HD TV and all the programming was high-definition also. There were at least two English language channels, but I really did not look to see what other programming was available. The TV seemed to offer an internet service and came with a keyboard. As I understand it internet through the TV was a separate service than the wired or Wi-Fi service the hotel offered.

Being a Platinum Marriott Rewards member, internet service was complimentary. Each day I would receive a code from the front desk which would work on both my laptop which was connected by wire and my phone via Wi-Fi. The service was fast and completely reliable.

The bathroom in my room was reasonable size with a combination tub and shower. Lighting was excellent and there were adequate towels, a hair dryer and large magnifying mirror. A robe and slippers were also provided.

The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. One of my associates arrived early in the morning and they were able to give him a room which was very much appreciated. Throughout our stay, any request was handled in a very friendly and professional manner.

We had breakfast most mornings at the hotel. The charge was 17 Euros. It was a breakfast buffet, but much more extensive than the buffets offered by U.S. Courtyard hotels. Our group also had dinner two nights at the hotel and service was excellent and also very friendly. Each of us had brought a special wine with us and the corkage charge was very reasonable. The selection at dinner was very good and I thought the quality was very good also!

The hotel has a large lobby with a bar and a quiet area behind the front desk. Complimentary coffee was available in the lobby from about 6:00 AM each morning. There was also a “micro market” across from the front desk with drinks and snacks.

The hotel had a nice exercise room on the top floor with a good view of the park. Adjacent were showers and a sauna.

The hotel had complimentary parking outside of the hotel or for a very reasonable 5 Euros enclosed parking underneath the hotel.

The Courtyard Bochum Stadtpark was clean, quiet and the staff very helpful and friendly. Our group of seven liked the hotel so much that we have already booked our rooms for next November!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2010

I stayed at the Hotel for three nights when I was attending a conference in Essen . It is located in a quiet neighbourhood of Bochum with efficient service . THe restuarent is small but cozy and the staff go out of your way to cater to your needs . The only problem I faced was the room cards which kept on getting locked after each entry - apparently they had a problem . But the staff were very helpful in resolving the same . Smokers stay away - this is a non smoking property . Would definitely recommend the hotel for Business travellers .

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

Overall I do not think that Bochum has a particularly large selction of high quality hotels, as a result we picked here because it was relatively close to where our meeting was. As courtyards go this was probably one of the better ones. Food was nice in the restaurant, beds were comfortable, and hotel staff were exceptionaly helpful. Empty minibar and the like, mean that it isnt luxury by any means, but certinaly didnt bother me and I would be back again when Im next there.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2010

My wife and I were visiting family in the area and stayed here for two nights in June. I stay in Marriott hotels reasonably often on business and this one was well up to their 'Courtyard' specification.
The room was a good size for two. Everything was in fine working order and the hotel was clean, fresh and efficiently organised. The breakfast buffet had a wide selection served in a comfortable restaurant area.
The hotel's location is not right in the town centre, but overlooks the town's main park in a quiet and relaxing area.
It's a short stroll down through the park to the National Mining Museum, which has an extensive subterranean display and is well worth a visit. Also don't miss the Aquarium in the small zoo immediately behind the Hotel - the Aquarium is quite a gem.

Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
vkv01
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2010

Nice hotel with beautiful surrounding and good location. Hotel staff is supporting and services are good. I have stayed there during DRUPA exhibition in Düsseldorf. I'll recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2009

I stayed at this hotel with my partner for 4 nights in early sep 2009.

We booked via marriott.com. Booking was easy and fast, I especially liked the options you can choose of while booking like a high floor room or close to elevator. A couple of days before the arrival I was sent a confirmation e-mail containing more than enough information, even estimated taxi fare from the airport, for exemple.

Check-in was very unfriendly! The receptionist didn't stop making inappropiate jokes like making fun of my small speech disorder. We both were rather upset about this!

The room was very nice although. It was quiet big, very clean and in a very good shape. Decoration was even costumized to Bochum featuring some photographies on the wall of the region. The colours chosen gave a very warm and even luxuary ambience.

The poor and ineffecient service of the hotel kept going, our trials to get a coffee:

-On the first day it took them 45 min to serve us two coffee in our room
-On the second day we decided to have an complimenty coffee in the lobby, thinking this will be faster than ordering it to our room, but nothing was prepared. The hotel actually offers free coffee from 7 to 10 a.m in the lobby. I had to ask two staff member to prepare it and it took them again about 30min, so we got it at 7.45 a.m, a full 45min later than announced by the hotel.
-On the third day we ordered an in-room breakfast. The breakfast order cards didnt allow to customize the breakfast at all! So we ended up getting koffee this time but without any milk. The menu didnt feature any fruits at all b.t.w.
and last but not least:
-On the last day again: we ordered again some coffee thinking we should give them a last chance: this time the coffee was fast enough but there wasnt enough for two people!

We started on making jokes about the staff being unable to serve even a cup of coffee correctly!

On the last day we wanted to use the sauna, but it was out of order. We were send to the Renaissance Hotel just a couple of meters away. This hotel featured actually some kind of "spa" so this was actually a good solution.

Finally we decided to eat in the hotel's restaurant "Green Olive" on our last evening. Service was again inefficient: we were served the appetizer even befor our driks were even ordered. Altouhg the food was excellent and actually even imaginativ and innovative. Prices were okay, although a bit more expensive than the usually prices you get chared in the restaurants of the city.

Resumé:

+rooms
+cleanliness
+calm and nice location
+good restaurant

-inefficient, unprofessional and very slow service
-somethimes rude and unfriendly staff

I would not necessarly recommend this hotel. You pay 4 stars, you get a 4 stars property but no 4 star service.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
jasonig
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2009

Its not luxury, but almost there. I wasnt expecting much from a Courtyard, but this elevates the brand. Very clean rooms and a nice location and layout. Great value. A great choice for business, or someone who isn't looking for spa/frills.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard Bochum Stadtpark? Share your experiences!