“Service leaves a lot to be desired” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #157 of 312 Restaurants in Bielefeld
Cuisines: German
Nieuwegein, Nederland
“Service leaves a lot to be desired”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

Back from the Cebit in Hannover, on our way to Holland, me and 2 gentlemen decided to have dinner here. We had to wait 30 mins at the bar before a table became available, which was no problem to us. I had the impression that they don't really like Dutch people here, at least the communication at the bar (which we did in a polite way) was pretty 'cold'.

We were seated, finished an appetizer (me and a friend both had salad), at which point the waitress brought the main courses. She put down the plates, looked at both our knives and forks, mumbled 'that is not right' and *swapped our knives*, which were still dripping with salad dressing, between me and my friend. She walked away and we gazed at each other with astonishment. Really, the overall service was pretty terrible. Food lived up to expectation however.

• Visited March 2012