“Nice hotel for family of 4” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Hotel Royal

You added BEST WESTERN Hotel Royal to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Hotel Royal
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Juelicher Strasse 1, 52070 Aachen, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany   |
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 30%
Ranked #20 of 44 Hotels in Aachen
Dallas, TX
“Nice hotel for family of 4”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2006

We had a great room in this Aachen hotel for my wife, teenaged twins, and myself. The room was comfortable and clean with a double bed and 2 twin beds. There was a small kitchenette that allowed us to prepare some light meals. And rare for a hotel in this price range--the room was air conditioned. The bath had a jacuzzi tub. We had a rental car and had no problem finding the hotel from the directions on their web site. We parked in the hotel's outside parking lot. The hotel is located within a 10 minute walking distance from the Aachener cathedral. Breakfast was not included but a bakery was a 2 minute walk from the hotel entrance and we ate in the room. Combining the excellent rate per night and the quality of the room, this was one of the best hotels we have stayed in. Aachen was the seat of the Holy Roman Empire during Charlemagne's time and is worth a visit just for that. It is 45 minutes by Autobahn from Cologne-- we managed a day trip to see the Cologne cathedral. I highly recommend this hotel, especially if you are travelling with your teenaged children.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2005

Nice hotel. Modern decoration. Clean. Tidy. Friendly staff. Small room. Good location.

• Stayed January 2005, traveled on business
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2005

I've spent a nights at the Best Western Royal Hotel in Aachen and I have to say that I wasn't overly impressed. The first room which was allocated to me was tiny and only had a single bed and was right next to the lift shaft. After spending one night in there, I requested to be moved (which all credit to the staff, they did) and I was moved to a suite out in the back, which was at least a decent size. The breakfast was nothing exceptional and there wasn't much of a choice and there is no restaurant in the hotel. I'm not too sure how it got it's 4 stars, because in my opinion it was a 3 star at best.

• Stayed April 2005, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Hotel Royal? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about BEST WESTERN Hotel Royal

Address: Juelicher Strasse 1, 52070 Aachen, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
Location: Germany > North Rhine-Westphalia > Aachen
Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Wheelchair access
#8 Luxury Hotel in Aachen
Hotel Class:4 star — BEST WESTERN Hotel Royal 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Hotel Royal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Aachen
Aachen Best Western

If you own or manage BEST WESTERN Hotel Royal, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.