“Standard Pullman Quality” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pullman Aachen Quellenhof

You added Pullman Aachen Quellenhof to your Saves list
Pullman Aachen Quellenhof
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Monheimsallee 52, 52062 Aachen, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany   |
Ranked #3 of 45 Hotels in Aachen
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Moscow, Russia
“Standard Pullman Quality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

The quality of the hotel of matches the Pullman standards, however the room was not big and the bed was a little bit narrow. The hotel is located in a very green area, but too far from the city center. You'll either have to take at taxi or opt for a 15 minute walk.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cully, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

This is the 5 star hotel in Aachen which really offers everything. Very good service, food, location and spa with pool. We stayed here with two children and felt welcome. It's easy to park, walk and not far from the highways. That said it is quiet as it sits in a park. These are the majestic hotels of the era which were built long before the city became overbuilt. Ask for a room away from the road if possible.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

The hotel's main attraction is the beautiful and soledly built Quellenhof! The rooms exude cosiness but in this occasion a little stuffiness too as the air conditioning was defective. The greatest pleasure every time we come here is the magnificent breakfast!

Room Tip: Ask for a deluxe room if you can!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

My experience in this hotel was almost 100% perfect. The room was clean, bright and spacious - as you would expect in any good hotel. However, as always, the devil is in the detail - and the staff in the Quellenhof know how to look after the detail. First, there was a decent umbrella in my room, which saved me having to buy one on a wet weekend. Secondly, I had forgotten my three-pin to two-pin adaptor - no problem, super-friendly reception staff could loan me one for the duration of stay. Finally, I was leaving very early on my last day, before the breakfast buffet opened. Again, no problem - they could prepare me a packed breakfast at no extra charge. I was travelling alone but I was given enough food in my packed breakfast to feed about 4 people!! And so to the minor issue - internet access must be paid for and even when I did pay, it didn't work. Of course, I was refunded what I had paid but really it is fundamental for hotels now to have free and fast internet access, especially business hotels such as this. I have stayed in much smaller hotels of lower standard and yet they have free internet access, so it always mystifies me why a bigger hotel cannot do this. I must say that this negative point is well compensated for by other aspects of the hotel, but if you really need internet access when you're away, you might want to double-check with the hotel that they have sorted out this issue. Finally, note that it is about a 10 minute brisk walk to the city centre (up a smallish hill on the way back). Overall, a wonderful hotel and I am still full from that breakfast!

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

The hotel is large, but the staff are friendly and very efficient so that it does not feel impersonal. Reception and waiting staff seemed as at ease dealing with familes and children as with business men and women. Rooms are of a good size, comfortable and clean. The food was well cooked and well presented: there was a particularly pleasing variety of fayre for breakfast. It is annoying that the bar allows smoking, but there are extensive lounge areas in its vicinity where smoking is not permitted. The conference facilities and extensive and first class. In short this is a business hotel of a very high standard, but one where families will be equally well catered for.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My stay at this hotel was marred by two things, one minor which could be put right very easily, the other I am not so sure...
The first concerns the lack of tea and coffee making facilities in the room, which are found in many other Pullman and Sofitel hotels. Please take note, Aachen !
The second is more serious. The bar allows smoking to take place, which for someone who is a non smoker and accustomed to the modern practice of not allowing smoking inside buildings is completely unacceptable. In effect the hotel is excluding non smokers from its bar area, making them sit elsewhere - this is the opposite to the situation found in the Accor hotels I normally frequent. In fact I feel so strongly about this that it will affect any decision I make in future about using the Pullman Aachen.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
England, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed 4 nights at the Pullman as we were attending the Belgian Grand Prix. We wanted a nice place to stay that wasn't too far from Spa. I reserved a deluxe room for €240 per night - no breakfast and was completely underwhelmed by the hotel.

To start with there wasn't a doorman we could see the whole time we were there. Just an automated door. The arrival greeting we received was lacklustre to say the least, though seemingly efficient.

Our room was spacious. My son's rollaway bed was comfortable. Upon further inspection, I was surprised to see stains on the wall. You just don't expect this a 4-5 star hotel. The furnishings in the room and the carpets in both our room and the public staircase are very tired. We kept or curtains drawn as the view was unpleasant. Another annoyance was our bed was a queen size, yet it was topped with two twin sized duvet covers. Weird!

As we are A-Club Platinum members there was a nice bottle of Evian left for us. Unfortunately, we needed a bottle opener. I requested this twice, but it never came. One night I was very thirsty and decided to have a drink from the mini bar. The only drink that didn't require a bottle opener was an apple juice. At check-out I mentioned drinking the apple juice in order to pay for it only to find out that the entire contents of the mini bar were included in our room category. I was very annoyed to find this out at the end our stay. I was informed I should have been told at check-in.

Housekeeping was inconsistent as toiletries were not replaced everyday, though it was clear the toiletries were being used. Turn down was missed one of the four nights.

The hotel seemed empty and was not very inviting. The staff never encouraged us to use any of the facilities or restaurants - thus we never did.

My last complaint is about the Internet. I didn't mind paying for it, but the first night I used it was extremely slow and the second time it didn't work at all. The hotel staff was aware of the problem. A hotel of this calibre should not have problems like this.

In summary, I booked the Pullman for a bit of luxury after spending our days at a wet, cold race circuit. I regret not booking the Novotel for less than half the price. At least my expectations would not have been too high.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Pullman Aachen Quellenhof? Share your experiences!