We've stayed at Hohe Düne for the second time. This time for five nights.
* Breakfast is amongst the best I've had at hotels
* The spa/pool area is fantastic and great to relax (beware: children only allowed for an hour or so a day)
* The rooms are great/relaxing
* We were there in February (Winter) and it was incredibly warm in the room, we had trouble cooling it down even with the windows open
* People would come into the spa area before breakfast, put their towels down and reserve the good spots for the whole day. I wished the staff would check up on these things.
* The showers in the spa area only operate 10 seconds at a time so you're constantly busy pressing that button for more water
* The hotel is expensive and that's okay but a glass of wine is only 0,1l at this hotel. 0.2 is normal almost everywhere else, this is like a "hidden" price increase and leaves a sour taste
* The "theme" restaurants are not worth it...
* The Wifi speed was terrible. I tried to get some work done but couldn't. Speed between 0,05 and 2MBit but very unstable. This rules this out for any business related visits or conferences for me.
All in all the hotel is good and the staff was (almost) always very friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Yachthafenresidenz Hohe Düne is situated in Rostock-Warnemünde and provides the perfect setting for an unforgettable time on Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania’s Baltic Sea coast.Enjoy the comforts of a home away from home in our 368 rooms and suites. Natural materials and warm colours create a stylishly maritime ambience. All hotel rooms and suites in the main building have a spacious balcony. The residences offer rooms and suites with a balcony or terrace.Enjoy the excellent cuisine of our 5 bars and 6 restaurants and at the same time a splendid view of the sea. The restaurants have their own unmistakable profile and their own kitchen in which the dishes are prepared according to authentic recipes.The hotel offers you various options for your leisure time. You can stroll around the elegant shopping passage comprising 7 boutiques or down the promenade of the exclusive yacht harbour. Immerse in a feeling of well-being in the Hohe Düne SPA. You will find thousands of possibilities for whatever you wish to do in the gym and the wellness area spreads over 4.200 m² on 3 levels. The use of the Hohe Düne SPA and the gym is free.In order to provide you an undisturbed stay at the Hohe Düne SPA, we only admit SPA guests that are at least 16 years old. In the morning and in the afternoon every day we offer children under 6 years diverting swimming with the Pirate Crew in the baby pool. Children between 6 and 16 years can swim for an hour in the big pool at the same time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Yachthafenresidenz Hohe Dune reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yachthafenresidenz Hohe Dune Warnemünde
- Hohe Dune