“Central and easygoing” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Advena Hotel Hohenzollern

You added Advena Hotel Hohenzollern to your Saves list
Advena Hotel Hohenzollern
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Theodor Heuss Platz 5, 49074 Osnabruck, Lower Saxony, Germany   |
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Osnabruck
london
“Central and easygoing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

This is a very nice hotel to stay when visiting osnabreuck, just visited my inlaws in Germany, the staff was amazing and helpful. Located opposite the main station, and I did not even need to hire a car, of course German transport links were great from the hotel, as there's also a main bus station.
The breakfast in the morning was great. Highly recommended .
Must also mention I had my wedding in this hotel 10 years ago, and it was great then, it's even better now.

Room Tip: As high as possible , as there are a big station on its door, but also I have to say I was on the 3r...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Sao Paulo, Brazil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

The hotel is located a few meters from the main train station. There is 3 parking lots around the hotel, all paid, but reasonable rates (4-8 EUR).

Check in was really fast, as well as the check out. Staff in this hotel is really good, from front desk, to restaurant, bar, etc. Rooms are clean, big for European standards, with good bathroom, but not so good amenities. There is a mini bar in the room, but you need to get your stuff in the front desk.

Breakfast is really good, with good assortment of food, fruits, cheese, anything you want or need. I had dinner in the restaurant and food is not really so good.

Now the internet. It is really quite strange nowadays to have to pay for Internet access. Even worse is to pay for something really slow. Once you get connected to the hotel network, you need to buy time from a third company, M3 Connect. There are options from one hour to a week. If you are not staying too much, buy the 5 hours connection, once it counts five hours of use, not in a row. The problem here is that connection is really slow and not stable at all. For the price you pay, you should get a better service.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

My daughter and I stayed in the Advena Hotel this past December. It was mid-way through our trip and we arrived and left by train, so the location (across from large plaza in front of train station) was convenient. The hotel has a business-like atmosphere. It is modern and clean. Beds very comfortable. I have no complaints about the style or comfort of the hotel. However, there is something everyone needs to watch out for, especially if you do not speak/read German. After tripping and twisting my ankle, which required an ambulance ride to the hospital for an x-ray and medical care, I learned that there is a large sign over the entrance to the restaurant from the lobby that reportedly reads "Watch Your Step" in German. I can't be sure that even if I could read that sign, I would not have tripped, as I entered one evening from the side (approaching from the elevator). However, the sign is there because there is a tricky visual problem (design flaw) with the one step that is there. Something about the lighting makes it appear to be all on the same level. After my hospital visit, I found out about the sign (what it said) and also, from a waiter, that they get about 30-40 people tripping every year. Truthfully, I think they need to do something more than hang a sign in only one language. I think they need to install lights on the riser of that step so that it is more clearly seen. I also think that they should have shared my hospital bill OR AT LEAST answer my emails where I simply ask them to translate the bill for me so I could know where to send the money! Yes, the hospital bill was sent to me in the USA in German. I can't make any sense of it except for the total (in Euro) - which is luckily quite a bit less than it would have cost me in the United States. That is the only silver lining in this story. Of course, the injury ruined the rest of the trip. I also received no help from the hotel for getting to the train, but I was determined to get out of there. It is more than a month later and my ankle still hurts. Don't try to email the hotel because, apparently - if i want to give them the benefit of the doubt - the email addresses are all wrong. More likely they are just not very helpful to a guest who is long gone.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

We arrived in Osnabrueck by train from Amsterdam, and found the hotel conveniently located across the plaza from the train station - just few minutes walk. The small room was clean and comfortable with a cozy down comforter on the bed. I especially enjoyed the breakfast (included in the price) where there was a plethora of food choices.
The hotel is centrally located in this charming and vibrant city. If you like to walk, this is a good place to stay; or catch a cab or bus to get around. I enthusiastically recommend the Advena.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Boblingen, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2009

Room was small. As there is no air conditioning, I had to leave the window open (30°C). Unfortunately was directly next to the main street. Besides that it's a good location in the middle of the city center, a few meters away from the train station. Parking costs a few Euro but is very convinient. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Lake Orion, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2009

Hotel is conveniently located near rail station and still nice walk distance from the beautiful historic town. My room was small but very clean and neat. Hotel service was effective and friendly.
I recommend renting bicycle if you have chance to stay in town over the night and explore historic town.

Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

Had an overnight work trip and we were booked in here. Really nice location on a quiet square area with downstairs bar.
My room was very big with two single beds and VERY clean, with a nice bathroom.
did not use the tv/ mini bar etc so cannot comment on these but the bed was very comfy and even though it is by a main road the double glazing and blackout curtains meant i had a nice lie in for a change!

after an evening out the bar downstairs were very helpful and fun with our group and served us drinks until around 1am, they were great. Also breakfast the next morning was fabulous. Continental whilst having all cereals, pastries, cheeses, hot food, etc.

would stay here again if i was coming back to the area

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Been to Advena Hotel Hohenzollern? Share your experiences!